Discuss Is there an either/or switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

center off. or changeover. what voltage and what current? i.e. what is it to be used for?

SPDT or single pole double throw would be the normal way of describing this.

Just look for a wireless switch which has SPDT contacts, or possibly described as changeover, NO/NC contacts.

What sort of water heater is it?

SPDT or single pole double throw would be the normal way of describing this.

Just look for a wireless switch which has SPDT contacts, or possibly described as changeover, NO/NC contacts.

What sort of water heater is it?
The controller is a Tiara 425. Already replaced room stat with a wireless one - works lovely. So now want to leave controller on 24hr hot water and wire in a wireless switch.

The controller is a Tiara 425. Already replaced room stat with a wireless one - works lovely. So now want to leave controller on 24hr hot water and wire in a wireless switch.

That doesn't answer the question, but I'm going to guess that you mean that this is to control the hot water zone of a heating system with a gas or oil boiler and not an electrically heated hot water system of any kind?

That doesn't answer the question, but I'm going to guess that you mean that this is to control the hot water zone of a heating system with a gas or oil boiler and not an electrically heated hot water system of any kind?
Correct - the hot water is heated by gas. The controller/switch is of course electrically operated but very basic and clumsy. I intend to leave the hot water circuit on 24 hours and wire my wireless switch into this.

Reply to Is there an either/or switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thinking a 240V AC relay activated by two independent light switches could be used to switch power to a shared inline extractor fan. The fan...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a 220v House I want to change this switch to smart switch, but I am stumped, I don't have a neutral so I had to return the switch I...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to replace this standard 2 gand 1 way switch with a smart switch. I've put the both live wires into L in and the switched lives into...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to add a light to my attic. There is a single switch on the landing that I want to change to a double switch and then use it to still...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock