Discuss Is there an inverter that fullfils these requirements ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

donnib

-
Reaction score
Hi,
I want an inverter which can give the consumer power from solar if available, second battery if there is power on it and at last from the grid BUT i am not interested to feed to the grid (not interested in getting an approval from the local energy company). I know there are hybrid inverters but as far as i understand these will deliver from the grid thru the battery but that will destroy the batteries during winter when no sun is at my location so i want the inverter to switch completely to grid when there is no sun or power left in battery bank.

/donnib

I have used this inverter- they do other kW ratings too - which has 'Output source priority' which is pre-selectable. It is not designed to feed back into the mains supply. I think it might be what you are looking for:

- Output source priority: This intelligent feature allows the user to set output source preferences (solar/ battery power/ mains input or a generator) for the AC load output of the inverter. This menu includes several options for varying conditions and scenarios, e.g. which source of energy is given priority for the AC output if solar power is insufficient/ if battery voltage is too low/ if mains is unavailable, etc.

Reply to Is there an inverter that fullfils these requirements ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone, I'm currently working on a project to upgrade an existing renewable energy system and could really use some expert advice. The...
Replies
Views
I am a Napit registered electrician and want to get into Solar PV and battery storage. I have boot camp booked in April but am not hearing good...
Replies
Views
Hello all, To avoid too techy questions, i am the consumer not he installer. I have raised the issue with my installer who is researching it...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Main issue is as per title: inverter is stuck in Off-Grid mode. I used Self Use over the summer, which worked well, priority PV order...
Replies
Views
mididoctors
M
I (well, the MCS installer) obtained approval under G59 back in 2015 for 11.5 kW of grid connection on a single phase. 12kW of panels into two 6kW...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock