Discuss Is there any funding to gain 17th Edition?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jooulez

Hi!! Was wondering whether anyone on here knows of where I can possibly get funding for 17th Edition, I have a C & G 2351 which obviously isn't any good now, I wasn't given the opportunity to gain 17th Ed in my last job & they wouldn't give me time off to gain it, & now I'm unemployed I haven't the funds to pay for a course (can hardly pay for food/bills yet alone anything else) I've been to my local college but all they suggested was this loan scheme, which I'm dubious about as I already have debts & obviously don't want to make my situation any worse. I'm in Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk ... if any one can help me to find funding it would be much appreciated. Thanks!!! Julez xx

ask at the jnobcentre. funding is sometimes available. stress that you have a good chance of finding a job if you have 17th.

Each person is entitled to £600 worth of training within their field when they are on the dole.

As above, go to the dole office and ask them to put you on a course. Also ask for cscs card. You'll get it.

Google EEIBA they help me out big time after I recovered from a protracted illness that took 5 years and every penny I had, they funded my 17th upgrade, NICEIC membership and all the publications I needed to expand my scope of employment, and as far as the benifits agency were concerned I was entitled to nowt as I was self employed
Pict

I've already approached the Job centre, think I've got more chance of becoming a monk than getting help from them!! Thanks for all your replies much appreciated :)

I got told that I was not eligible for funding for my 17th update when I was on the rock and roll as there was no money available.
They said I would have to have a letter from an employer which stated they would give me a job if I had my 17th. I asked them how I would apply for these jobs that require you have the 17th on application. They didn't know but I still couldn't have the course paid for.
I even found a centre that would do the exam only to cut down on the cost for them, still no joy.

Eventually I wrote them a letter saying I was going self employed and I had a job waiting for myself if only I had the 17th update, as I was not prepared to employ myself without it. I got the money :D

I was unemployed........Jobcenter offered me the chance to get the 17th, which I did all free. Also they paid for the 2395 course the that I attended. So go back to them and ask why you have been refused. the whole idea is is to get you back to work as an electrician.

Reply to Is there any funding to gain 17th Edition?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock