Discuss Is there any such thing called a double socket with FCU built in? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Goody

-
Reaction score
I am planning to draw a supply for an attached garage from the existing ring in the kitchen.

Ideally I want to have a FCU coming off the ring at the existing twin socket in the kitchen to feed this supply but the kitchen is tiled and the owner wouldn’t be happy if the décor gets damaged. So, can I get a face plate with twin sockets as well as a FCU for additional connection built-in to replace the existing twin socket face plate?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers!

se a 2+1 backbox. you'll have to chip out for the extra single way. carefully, drill the tiles 1st. then FCU on the single way and the double socket on the 2 way box.

you'll find them in most suppliers. imagine a double backbox with a single stuck on the side. give me a min, i'll try find 1.

How about a dual box, so you get a single socket and the FCU next to each other in the existing "recess"

OK they'll have one less socket but less upheavel and cheaper too.

still have to chip out a bit as the 1+1 boxes are wider than a dual box.

I know this is an old thread but I am looking for a single socket that has a built in fuse, with the socket drawing power from the load side. I am un-bodging some previous owner DIY's electrics, where they have spured off the ring and then spured again.

I cant finding anything after a Google around, and I don't want to dig out the wall in this instance to fit a 1+1 box for the FCU and socket. If no such thing exists, I will swap the single socket for an FCU as that socket is hardly used anyway, the second spured socket is used more.

No. There isn’t anything like what you describe. You’ll have to exchange the single socket for an FCU.

I think, if it were a double socket, you could make it up using modules, and have a FCU and only one socket on the same plate.

this thread does remind me when I visited family in New Zealand, their accessories all use the same size box, And as the sockets are set at 45degree angles, you can fit double sockets if the box is vertical or horizontal.
Some double sockets in NZ also come with a dp switch and fuse between the outlets to spur off for below countertop appliances.

Reply to Is there any such thing called a double socket with FCU built in? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock