Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Is there anymore qualifications I need? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mandinga1975

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello all

As some of you may know I am a 'mature' student currently getting my qualifications to get my foot on the ladder to becoming a spark.

I am currently in the process of completing the following:

City and Guilds 2330 - Level 2 - Electrotechnical Technology
City and Guilds 2330 - Level 3 - Electrotechnical Technology
City and Guilds 2356 - Level 3 - Installing Technical Systems (job dependant).

I have also got the following lined up.

City and Guilds 2382 - 17th. Edition Wiring Regulations
City and Guilds 2391 - Inspection and Testing
Part P

My questions are all the above A - neccessary (as I going to be a domestic installer)? and B - is there anything extra I need (besides experience)?

Thanks

Dan

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
J

Jono Pashley

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello all

As some of you may know I am a 'mature' student currently getting my qualifications to get my foot on the ladder to becoming a spark.

I am currently in the process of completing the following:

City and Guilds 2330 - Level 2 - Electrotechnical Technology
City and Guilds 2330 - Level 3 - Electrotechnical Technology
City and Guilds 2356 - Level 3 - Installing Technical Systems (job dependant).

I have also got the following lined up.

City and Guilds 2382 - 17th. Edition Wiring Regulations
City and Guilds 2391 - Inspection and Testing
Part P

My questions are all the above A - neccessary (as I going to be a domestic installer)? and B - is there anything extra I need (besides experience)?

Thanks

Dan
Part P is a building regulation not a qualification. The Supposed "Part P" Qualification is a short course aimed at plumbers and kitchen fitters. 2330 goes well beyond what it taught by this.

M

mandinga1975

Thanks alot Jono.

I wondered why I couldn't find an 'official' qualification. As part of my course notes for 2382 and 2391 there is a large section on Part P (including documentation) which is really useful.

What's confusing me now is that my tutor said I 'needed' Part P. Makes me wonder whether some of these people actually know what they are doing?

Thanks

Dan

J

Jono Pashley

if you want to certify your own work you would have to be part of a Part P scheme (NICEIC, Napit, Elesca etc) otherwise it has to go through building control which is honestly a pain in the backside. IEE do a decent guide to all the various building regs you may come across. As for colleges some are quite dumb and out of date. A Lecturer at the college i attend was still using 16th Edition values for calculations in demember...

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Is there anymore qualifications I need? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom