Discuss is there much difference between these panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

is there much difference between these two panels , thing is segen dont have the N series in stock but have the other

Sanyo HIT 240W HDE (HIT-240)

Sanyo HIT N series 235W (HIT-235SE10)

thanks
Grand

Their physical size is different and from memory the N series use a higher voltage. Have a look for their datasheets to check this out.

N's have 3 bypass diodes each covering 2 columns of cells (portrait mode)
H's have 3 bypass diodes covering 4 rows, 2 rows, 4rows of cells (portrait mode)

Also some people like to shout about what they're doing so will choose the H series because of their aesthetics.

Sorry if my description was lacking. On a rectangle you have two short edges and two long edges. The four clamps will have to go on the two long edges. So two clamps on each of the long edges.

Hmm, it's a bit tricky to use words, shame I can't draw a picture on this forum.

Reply to is there much difference between these panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock