Discuss Is this a dimmer switch. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Just moved home. Does anyone have any information on this switch. It looks like a dimmer. Its feeding 3 sets of halogen spots but isn't working properly. Bright then dark etc etc. I cant find any info on it anywhere. Please help.Is this a dimmer switch. Dimmer (2) - EletriciansForums.net

Never seen anything like that before.
Does any of the switch move?
Do the vertical yellow lines down the sides glow in the dark?
The black square may be a receiver for a remote control?

You could, if the power has been isolated, pull off the cover/unscrew from wall and look for a model number or manufacturer printed on it somewhere. Then google is your friend.

I am certain that is an IR controlled dimmer switch. It should have a TV type remote for it.
[automerge]1573581689[/automerge]
Look on here you will see one.

Last edited:
Hello. The switch moves on/off like a normal light switch. The vertical lines don't glow in the dark. The red square being a receiver makes perfect sense unfortunately any remote hasn't been left by the previous owner if that's the case. I think pulling off the cover etc may be my best option. Many thanks for your help.

Before you start.....
Remove the coloured strips by pulling out. There should be two screws under them holding the cover on.
[automerge]1573597210[/automerge]
I have attached a scan of the user manual.
[automerge]1573597316[/automerge]
Is this a dimmer switch. 20191112_220530 - EletriciansForums.netIs this a dimmer switch. 20191112_220530 - EletriciansForums.net
[automerge]1573597348[/automerge]
Is this a dimmer switch. 20191112_220525 - EletriciansForums.netIs this a dimmer switch. 20191112_220525 - EletriciansForums.net

Attachments

• Select remote dimmer manual.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
@Tomnoddy
If you want the remote and two more dimmers, let me know.
Thank you so so much for your help, Timbo. That's awesome. Yes I would like that for sure. Can you let me know what to do now regarding this. Kind regards Tom.
[automerge]1573670110[/automerge]
Well done @Timbo
That’s a winner right there
Thanks for your help little spark...really appreciate it.
[automerge]1573670336[/automerge]
That deserves a ?
Thanks for your help westward10..really appreciate it. Timbo awesome for sure.

Last edited:

Reply to Is this a dimmer switch. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock