Discuss Is this going to work. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MNR

Not very good with heating controls really do want to learn but never done enough to really get the hang of them.

Got to go sort a job for a client that sparks have gone missing on. Had a look the other day the situation they have is.

They have ran 2.5 t/e instead of 3 core between the boiler cupboard with a valve for the heating in there and the mega flow cupboard which has a valve for the hot water.

If I just carry on as normal but put in two separate programmers with their own wiring centres one for hot water and one for heating am I going to come up against any problems by splitting them into two separate systems?

Www.aeskent.co.uk

Not enough cores MNR, which is probably why the other sparks have gone AWOL.

Can you do a basic schematic of the layout and cables installed please as you may be able to overcome the issue with wireless controls.

How can they be stand alone systems if you only have 1 boiler.

What make and model boiler is it? Does it need L,N,E,SL & BL or just SL,N & E?

Is it an S-plan with 2 x 2 port valves?

Regards

Cheers for your help I ended up rewiring the system after convincing the builder it was going to cause him big problems. Getting clients used to one programmer is normally hard enough let alone one for hot water and one for the heating.

Reply to Is this going to work. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, my house has an air-to-heat system that generates hot water in a boiler. This boiler is then connected to the central heating...
Replies
Views
Hi, Small flat, currently has a small'ish feed water tank, top of a cupboard, feed through a wall into under stairs cupboard. Hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, hope you all had a good xmas. Got called around to change over an old style pin type thermostat to a hive one for a family member...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've just moved in to a new property with "all electric" heating system and trying to figure it out. The agency/landlord are of no help so...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock