Discuss Is this Legal - DNO homemade stand lol... in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Well can't say I'm shocked but I wonder what the meter guy was thinking while mounting this meter on this free standing backboard?

DNO - Portable Meter mount.jpgDNO - Supply cotten tail.jpg

Note the age of the incomer and the half sized N tail (First one) ... I hope its just a solid link in that fuse holder :whatchutalkingabout

Last edited:
Well can't say I'm shocked but I wonder what the meter guy was thinking while mounting this meter on this free standing backboard?

View attachment 28876View attachment 28877

Note the age of the incomer and the half sized N tail (First one) ... I hope its just a solid link in that fuse holder :whatchutalkingabout

It seems perfectly sensible to me.

It's so you can move it in order to sweep the floor properly.

Looks more like the back board was fixed to the wall and someone has removed it and put it on the stand. Stupid idea. Most meter fitters look for the smallest excuse to not do their job so I'm sure they wouldn't have fitted this as it is.

Looks more like the back board was fixed to the wall and someone has removed it and put it on the stand. Stupid idea. Most meter fitters look for the smallest excuse to not do their job so I'm sure they wouldn't have fitted this as it is.

You may have thought but sadly no! The meter has been fitted and changed a few times as it is ...note the window behind where you would have expected it to be mounted with the cable bends and lengths.

Unbelievable I have them refuse to fit on the smallest of excuse and this was an example of when they really should have refused.

Depends on the customer energy usage ...this customer users a hell of a lot, so can't see them getting to picky tbh, its surprising how picky they are under different situations lol

You said they used a lot of power, that’s a 100A head at the max. Can’t be that much.

They have 3 sections and this is the small supply of the 3, but its up to the buffers on there KVA allowance in all sections .. I've only just get in with this company so going to cost up a common larger supply as they can't run certain machines together due to the demand.. its very poorly designed as existing.

I wasn't asking for a solutions just posted as a fun thread ...lots going on with this job and this will all get addressed.

Last edited:

I did think the same as the board has white paint sprayed on its edges and looking at picture 2 the metal bracing over the window has holes in and also has had a board or something on it as again the paint ends in a perfect line.

Did make me laugh tho and I am sure it will get sorted now

Reply to Is this Legal - DNO homemade stand lol... in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net