Discuss Is this normal in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

topcat

Regular EF Member
Hi I have just been to do a EICR just some of the points I found in 30 mins CU old with on RCD only held on wall with 1 screw
all sockets surface mounted at least one screw missing out of most no earth to any of the sockets at all on earth to the CU.
Looked like their was a earth but if their was it was in 2.5 mm and could not get any reading from it at all. One light switch with 3 core but only 2 used one still live.:banghead:

Last edited:
G

Guest55

is it normal ?
well yes , and it can be worse lol.
no earthing to socket circuits ? that cant be right.

Geordie Spark

Regular EF Member
Hi I have just been to do a EICR just some of the points I found in 30 mins CU old with on RCD only held on wall with 1 screw
all sockets surface mounted at least one screw missing out of most no earth to any of the sockets at all on earth to the CU.
Looked like their was a earth but if their was it was in 2.5 mm and could not get any reading from it at all. One light switch with 3 core but only 2 used one still live.:banghead:
So how was the weather in Sunderland today??

OP
topcat

topcat

Regular EF Member
Could not get earth reading from 3 sockets on 1st floor No bonding to pipe work any or meters.
Extra sockets run all over the place Shower 8.5 kw on 6mm. extra lights and stuff run all over the place began to think it was a wind up needs complete rewire to sort if you ask me.

G

Guest55

Could not get earth reading from 3 sockets on 1st floor
Broken cpc then , just takes a while to trace
No bonding to pipe work any or meters. needs bonding then ?
Extra sockets run all over the place hardly unusual
Shower 8.5 kw on 6mm. sounds fine

.........needs complete rewire to sort if you ask me. not really , just a bit of time and effort to work through the defects

OP
topcat

topcat

Regular EF Member
fair comment biff you are right they dont want me to fix the problems as they have another sparks who will do it ? Family but not part p from what was said Will need earth spike as well to get an earth as its on TT and could not get earth reading from earth cable.

G

Guest55

no worries , just charge the customer for the inspection and move on.
life can be alot easier when you only do the PIR's and not the remedials.

OP
topcat

topcat

Regular EF Member
Have sent them the report they know I have said its unsafe and requires major reworking or rewire I think if I took out all the duff sockets their would be 1 or 2 in each room their in the first place their are so many things to look at that it will cost more in time than a rewire I think But They have not come back as yet they are away.
Do not think i will hear from them again but will keep you all up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 100 72.5%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.5%

Electrician Talk