Discuss Is this normal in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

topcat

Hi I have just been to do a EICR just some of the points I found in 30 mins CU old with on RCD only held on wall with 1 screw
all sockets surface mounted at least one screw missing out of most no earth to any of the sockets at all on earth to the CU.
Looked like their was a earth but if their was it was in 2.5 mm and could not get any reading from it at all. One light switch with 3 core but only 2 used one still live.:banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
is it normal ?
well yes , and it can be worse lol.
no earthing to socket circuits ? that cant be right.

Hi I have just been to do a EICR just some of the points I found in 30 mins CU old with on RCD only held on wall with 1 screw
all sockets surface mounted at least one screw missing out of most no earth to any of the sockets at all on earth to the CU.
Looked like their was a earth but if their was it was in 2.5 mm and could not get any reading from it at all. One light switch with 3 core but only 2 used one still live.:banghead:

So how was the weather in Sunderland today??

Could not get earth reading from 3 sockets on 1st floor No bonding to pipe work any or meters.
Extra sockets run all over the place Shower 8.5 kw on 6mm. extra lights and stuff run all over the place began to think it was a wind up needs complete rewire to sort if you ask me.

Could not get earth reading from 3 sockets on 1st floor
Broken cpc then , just takes a while to trace
No bonding to pipe work any or meters. needs bonding then ?
Extra sockets run all over the place hardly unusual
Shower 8.5 kw on 6mm. sounds fine

.........needs complete rewire to sort if you ask me. not really , just a bit of time and effort to work through the defects

fair comment biff you are right they dont want me to fix the problems as they have another sparks who will do it ? Family but not part p from what was said Will need earth spike as well to get an earth as its on TT and could not get earth reading from earth cable.

no worries , just charge the customer for the inspection and move on.
life can be alot easier when you only do the PIR's and not the remedials.

as long as the 6mm is not cocooned in a foot of itchy-poo.

Hey t c
Go to town on it, if they are not part p you will be doing the remedials or the rewire

Have sent them the report they know I have said its unsafe and requires major reworking or rewire I think if I took out all the duff sockets their would be 1 or 2 in each room their in the first place their are so many things to look at that it will cost more in time than a rewire I think But They have not come back as yet they are away.
Do not think i will hear from them again but will keep you all up to date.

Reply to Is this normal in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock