Discuss Is This Safe or Dangerous? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ned no! You want dehydrated water, you don't want those pesky explosive hydrogen atoms floating about if your electrics are dodgy, that's how fires start
wrong. you need "heavy water". you float better and a good fart could make a nuke bomb.

Ok Dean,I just can't see the thought process in thinking than an electrician would come in to the property and do something to make the electrical installation more dangerous - didn't anyone think to ask him what the new cable was all about ?
Im guessing Millenials, rollyeyes.

The landlord is totally ruthless, cuts corners and avoids repairs at all costs. We made no judgement on the electrician. We only discovered the new green cable in the bathroom after he'd left so didn't ask, plus, we still know nothing about electrics and would have been none the wiser had he drawn diagrams for us.

No problem Dean, I think the electrician should have at least found one of you before leaving and explained what the new earth cable was for - not essential to give a technical explanation but just some reassurance that it was a precautionary safety measure in order to comply with the regulations. It was never my intention to try and make you look silly or cause any offence.

No problem Dean, I think the electrician should have at least found one of you before leaving and explained what the new earth cable was for - not essential to give a technical explanation but just some reassurance that it was a precautionary safety measure in order to comply with the regulations. It was never my intention to try and make you look silly or cause any offence.

No offence taken. Three smelly blokes was enough for me to risk shame, ridicule and being referred to as a 'millenial' to check it was safe :p;)

I unfortunately fall under the millennial banner aged 33 and I can vehemently express that I do not share their traits. Anyone born from 95’ onwards should be given that burden ;)

Last edited:

Reply to Is This Safe or Dangerous? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock