Discuss Is this the worst install you have ever seen? *Feedback wanted!* in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I would very much appreciate your feedback/comments regarding this electricial install to help my cousin who has been ripped off and potentially could have put her life at risk!

She has recently had new decking fitted in the back garden and a family friend of hers who I kind of know put in the electrics for the outside lighting. This kid has being doing electrics since leaving school (approx 10years) and I know the firm he served his time with and I have come accross his work before!

He has installed outside lights to the decking in 1.5mm and took the feed straight from a kitchen socket under the sink and cut the earth out. He's then run it to an outside two gang switch (to which only one gang was needed) he then took the feed out of the switch in 2.5mm and fed every metal* light fitting reducing the cable size to 1.5mm then back to 2.5mm. He has cut off every earth at every connection point terminated in connectors and left them out in the open...yes in the open! He has made so many connections in connector blocks and failed to connect the earths from the fittings.

I had to go round earlier to see for myself as I did not believe that he had done such disgusting work when my cousin told me. I have asked for her permission to put these photos up and would like some feedback off other electricians.

I have uploaded some photos to show you how bad this install is.

Thanks

Is this the worst install you have ever seen? *Feedback wanted!* {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
Is this the worst install you have ever seen? *Feedback wanted!* {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

If the photos are not clear enough you can view them by clicking below

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/rmc86uk/

Where are you located mate? That is shocking, excuse the pun.

I would quite happily come round free of charge to inspect and issue any necessary paperwork which you can then pass to LABC and trading standards.

In my short itme I've seen some dodgy work but that's just taking the ****.

I'm guessing you've disconnected it all?

the question is this "Is he time served or about to serve time?" is he supposed to be a spark or is he training as a hitman?

Where are you located mate? That is shocking, excuse the pun.

I would quite happily come round free of charge to inspect and issue any necessary paperwork which you can then pass to LABC and trading standards.

In my short itme I've seen some dodgy work but that's just taking the ****.

I'm guessing you've disconnected it all?

I'm up at Sheffield pal, I'm not too familiar about the domestics Part P side and building control but I have disconnected it thank god!

Just to clarify to one of the above members this is not my mate who installed this I know him only very vaguely! I was more concerned for my cousins safety!

I should have added impartial into my post, that way there's no grey area when he claims someone is out to get him...

Reply to Is this the worst install you have ever seen? *Feedback wanted!* in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock