Discuss Is work scarce right now? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

No, if anything it's busier than ever, it may depend on which sector you work in but as for Industrial and commercial my lads are flat out.

I'm in the same boat. Can't find work anywhere. West london.
All the Agencies tend to keep the same people rather than risking new employees.
That's what i was told today.
Only just completed level 3 got my 18th Regs last week.
I've been a multitrader for years learning all the ropes in the Industry.

I'm S.W.
Bl*#dy busy for last 6 weeks and next 3 weeks will struggle with completing works I've got.
However 3 months prior to that. Nothing special. Ok work load but quietest I've had in last 6 years.

Last 3 weeks put me back on track financial wise for the year.

Bit of a weird year

I'm S.W.
Bl*#dy busy for last 6 weeks and next 3 weeks will struggle with completing works I've got.
However 3 months prior to that. Nothing special. Ok work load but quietest I've had in last 6 years.

Last 3 weeks put me back on track financial wise for the year.

Bit of a weird year

I think Brexit as played a big part in that, nobody knowing what is happening etc, I think now everyone as just decided to get on with it and what will be will be.
We had some some jobs postponed early in the year but not cancelled and have now been completed, the smaller stuff stayed the same but anything over 50k was delayed by a couple of months.

Any work, anyone! West London.
I don't really want to work through agencies... Would be nice to find a nice company for regular work.
There’s been some calls for work in Sough 0208 102 0078 Olivia.
Knightsbridge 0166 481 2210 United agency.
Southall 0122 780 6801 Padstone agency.
Batersea 0127 357 4047 Rullion agency.
Gatwick Airport 07961 858 429 Hays agency.
That’s all I have been offered over West.

Not much agency work at all in the Bristol/sw area (unless they just don’t like my cv) Only work I’ve been offered is social housing stuff on the books

Not much agency work at all in the Bristol/sw area (unless they just don’t like my cv) Only work I’ve been offered is social housing stuff on the books
You could always go the the Shed and walk up and down the electrical aisle until you see some Joe Public picking up stuff, just ask if you can help, you would be surprised at the amount of small jobs you can pick up,:tongue::tongue::D:eek:

Busy as I want to be here most of this year, but wouldn't be surprised if it slows up soon. I've sometimes been in the position of being quiet whilst everybody else seems to be flat out,it can be very demoralising, but stick with it and something always seems to come up and then away you go again.

You could always go the the Shed and walk up and down the electrical aisle until you see some Joe Public picking up stuff, just ask if you can help, you would be surprised at the amount of small jobs you can pick up,:tongue::tongue::D:eek:
I have done just that @Pete999 the diamond club for over 60s used to have a morning in the nearest branch with special pricing, I regularly used to pick up jobs when in there getting bits. The lighting aisle is the place to be, if not the socket/switch area.
I copied a friend and started putting my card in the lights, ovens and heaters. just slide it in the box and had on back 10% off the install with the business card.
Customers thought they were getting a good deal.
The psychology of it was simple, there is a price but they believe its a bonus getting 10% off. in reality my prices were pretty fluid in any case depending how busy I was and already had the discount built in.

I used to do a decent amount of small shops and offices in Bath, it sat well with the domestic stuff. It seems to have slowed down in the city at moment. shops closing and sitting empty and some not doing any refurbs.
I have noticed that some of the bigger national firms are doing the smaller jobs, maybe a sign bigger stuff has slowed down and they are keeping the lads busy? it has a knock on effect further down the chain as it were.

Reply to Is work scarce right now? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net