Discuss Isolator Required From DNO in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SKY

On my install at home Thurrock (Essex) I would like an isolator fitted before my CU so that I can isolate the grid supply to my house.

What DNO do I contact for this, all I can find is emergency numbers online.
Do they normally charge for this?

Thanks

It depends on the DNO.

If they do its normally around £50 but that isnt for sure.

Look on your supply bill and call CS number on that.

They will soon out you in the right dept.

usually, they will charge. if you ring the emergency number, they will give you you the correct number to ring.

Its the going around in circles that I dread from the CS of my supplier.
They will not have a clue what i'm talking about.

british gas charge £39 for wylex 100A dp isolator new tails on there side and new digital meter if needed whichever of these you need doing or if all its £39

On my install at home Thurrock (Essex) I would like an isolator fitted before my CU so that I can isolate the grid supply to my house.

What DNO do I contact for this, all I can find is emergency numbers online.
Do they normally charge for this?

Thanks

Why dont you just shove one in yourself
Its the consumers side of the meter,why involve a supplier?

This would involve live working as I cannot pull the service fuse (legally)

I require a isolator directly after their service fuse (my side)

Damn that H+S act :)
Working live used to not to be, the commandment it now is

Dont tell but,
Lets just say that having a seal would not restrict me
Leaving a seal intact and fitting an isolator. would not restrict me

I would not advize working live to anybody,so the correct route it may have to be then,the recomended safe procedure :)

I require a isolator directly after their service fuse (my side)???
Ah I see its after the fuse and before the meter,thats still their side,in that position I would make the call

Last edited:
Are BG authorised to carry out work to the DNO equipment?

Nothing to do with the DNO as the DNO look after the cabling, transformer etc the equipment from the cutout to the meter come under the control of the company who the building owner pays for their electricity who maybe BG.

Reply to Isolator Required From DNO in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net