Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss IT engineer turned electrician in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just found this site which looks like it has some helpful folks on board. I've been self employed in IT & audio systems for more years than I care to remember so I decided I needed to get out from behind the desk. Got a bundle of electrical quals now and looking to do more as I can afford them. It seems you can never run out of qualifications to collect in this industry!

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to the forum mate.

MDJ

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Just found this site which looks like it has some helpful folks on board. I've been self employed in IT & audio systems for more years than I care to remember so I decided I needed to get out from behind the desk. Got a bundle of electrical quals now and looking to do more as I can afford them. It seems you can never run out of qualifications to collect in this industry!
I think you have made a mistake, I know several lads in the IT business and they make a mint and do not graft for a living, adice to you, stick with the IT lol

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I think you have made a mistake, I know several lads in the IT business and they make a mint and do not graft for a living, adice to you, stick with the IT lol
There's more to life than money.

I got out of the software industry after 20+ years and I don't regret it. This is far more satisfying.

And, welcome to the forums @Roscmo

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Is there? As far as I can see without money life is pretty much pointless and rather short.
You are such a happy guy who never reads a post and warps it out of context.. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

Welcome to another ex-IT spark,
"collecting qualifications" has become an art form in IT, but "electrickery" is getting that way (if it wasn't already) with the progression and then amendments and new releases every few years ....

1Justin

-
Arms
9 hours behind a computer all day is a tough life. I used to do it also in RF/mobile comms design. Expect to get fitter and sharper, but have loads less money - And if you are on your own, you never get to stop work.

static zap

-
Advent Win
Welcome ,Roscmo .
(Physical activity - is the health benefit )
( i just need to be more keen about working in the cold ! )

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to IT engineer turned electrician in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom