Discuss It's all coming back now . . . in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Apologies it has been a while since I last used the forums (changed career twice, and had a new member to the family).

I have returned to the domestic sector, and I must say, things have not improved:-

It's all coming back now . . . IMG_0881.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

It's all coming back now . . . IMG_0883.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

It's all coming back now . . . IMG_0884.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Bet you wondered why you bothered coming back when you saw that :).

Yeah, I do question myself and my career choice at times - I think we all do. But I have to admit it is satisfying turning things like this into something neater and safer.

Sometimes it's easy to only see the negatives, but there are some great people out there who make it a little more palatable.

Oh yes, when I was an apprentice we worked in a village full of absolute diamonds. I've never been so spoilt in all my days. Tea, milky coffee, homemade cakes, biscuits, sandwiches - amazed we got anything done tbh.

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Apologies it has been a while since I last used the forums (changed career twice, and had a new member to the family).

I have returned to the domestic sector, and I must say, things have not improved:-

View attachment 36424

View attachment 36425

View attachment 36426

That's truly bad.

Hope the DNO engineer gave you the cut-out fuse for safe keeping ;)

As for punters looking after us, thus far mine have been absolutely stellar. But I have wondered how our acceptance of offers of hospitality is perceived, I hadn't questioned my willingness to take up the offer of a cuppa until I read some comments from a customer on another sparkies site whilst looking for someone I could sub work to.

The testimonial in question stated how impressed the customer was that the sparks refused multiple offers of a cuppa.

Was just really surprised to read that in a testimonial.

Oh we didn't have the option to refuse from these lovely ladies.

Yeah it depends on the scenario I suppose - but I rarely turn down the offer of tea. Especially coming from retail where your very presence is frowned upon, and have never once been offered a thing.

Yeah I do not miss those places, that was one of the many reasons I moved away from "house bashing".

I worked social housing in and around Portsmouth during my apprenticeship days and I believe that's where my fear of domestic comes from o_O. Not for discussion on an open forum, but I actually witnessed three very slim gents, a living room bonfire, a spoon, & a few hypodermic needles - no periodic inspection (as it was called then) was carried out.

Don't you just love the sight of jumping fleas and silver fish when you peel back those carpets....Uggh....

Oh and don't forget the wet urine patches on the carpets , where the old girl or man has been sitting......

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to It's all coming back now . . . in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock