Discuss It's been a bad week and only Weds! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
All in the last week

1. Bathroom installer who is doing electrical install in an 'all in' bathroom renovation watching me do a ZS test on a replacement socket in another room which he told the client (a friend of mine) was tripping the rcbo , " Why are you testing that if it's a straight swap......do those testers do all the tests then.......? quite clear from our subsequent chat that his idea of testing is flicking the switch with his fingers in his ears!?"
2. British Gas tell a customer that their gas supply is not bonded, local domestic installer has attended and whacked in an earth rod next to the gas meter in the attached garage, to be honest he has made a lovely job of concreting it in, British have re attended and connected it, the gas is already bonded in the property, supply is TNS....., I later find that the same installer has also installed a shower pump on a lighting circuit which has no c.p.c.......!?
3. 'Electrician' for a local builder was confused by my recently installed double pole rcbo CU, after actually going to the address and looking at the CU wanted to know if there were any 'spare ways' stated he wanted to put another rcbo in it for the new bathroom, I ask why he felt the need for a new circuit as there was only three lights upstairs and a perfectly good rfc in the airing cupboard if required to spur off next to the bathroom, he then tells me it is needed due to load as there are six led downlights, a heated towel rail, an extractor fan and a heated mirror going in......:)?

Today I spent the day painting a bedroom and didn't encounter a single issue..........!;-)

All in the last week

1. Bathroom installer who is doing electrical install in an 'all in' bathroom renovation watching me do a ZS test on a replacement socket in another room which he told the client (a friend of mine) was tripping the rcbo , " Why are you testing that if it's a straight swap......do those testers do all the tests then.......? quite clear from our subsequent chat that his idea of testing is flicking the switch with his fingers in his ears!?"

if his fingers are in his ears, how is his finger flicking the switch :O 3 arms and hands?

i sat outside all day replacing outside lights, under a cloudless sky

I spent the day cutting holes into a ceiling and getting covered in dust and rubbish from above had to go in from below as the loft is boarded out full to the brim of junk, i had to find the extractor feed cable and its route due no live at the fan, then install 4 downlights in the same bathroom. suffice to say it looked like it had snowed in there! somebody(previous owner) had somehow caught the cable when putting a screw in the ceiling to support a hanging indoor plant basket! what sort of person has plants in the bathroom???

I spent the day cutting holes into a ceiling and getting covered in dust and rubbish from above had to go in from below as the loft is boarded out full to the brim of junk, i had to find the extractor feed cable and its route due no live at the fan, then install 4 downlights in the same bathroom. suffice to say it looked like it had snowed in there! somebody(previous owner) had somehow caught the cable when putting a screw in the ceiling to support a hanging indoor plant basket! what sort of person has plants in the bathroom???
people who keep plants in their bathroom are trying to hide a smelly arse

No just curious as to where you obtained that knowledge from. Its ok you admit you have bad bowels, unless your ashamed of who you are
im not the one with plants in their bathroom, but im about to go and evacuate my bowel justnow if you want to watch?

im not the one with plants in their bathroom, but im about to go and evacuate my bowel justnow if you want to watch?
So how do you know if people have plants in their bathroom if they have smelly bowels?

So how do you know if people have plants in their bathroom if they have smelly bowels?
plants smell like freshness (ones that are alive)only a lunatic or someone with a stinky arse and trying to hide it has plants in their bathroom to cover up the smell of ----

i just smoke a joint whilst i ----, so cant tell you how my shits have smelled for quite a while

Another post descended into the gutter. Come on, Gentlemen, stick to the thread subject, please. There's ladies present.

:eek:

Reply to It's been a bad week and only Weds! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock