Discuss It's been a long day! switching help required.. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

it should be like this
three_way_switching.jpg

then the switches would be side ways!! the switch is an MK intermediate switch and rather than as shown in the ultimate handyman image the L1's and L2's are side by side rather than top and bottom on the MK switch.

some intermediate switch terminals are top and bottom and some are side by side. A good tip is to put your continuity testers on terminals to work out which way the switch needs connecting through.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

the MK switch is clearly marked L1 L1 on the left hand side and L2 L2 on the right hand side but when I wired it switches one and three worked on/off, switch one only worked on/off it switch one was on and the intermediate switch kept the lights on even when trying to turn them off at switches one and three (two is the intermediate). I will try switch one (with the line and swlive) L1 to L1 and L2 to L2 and then intermediate L1 to L1 and L2 to L2 to switch three.

Reply to It's been a long day! switching help required.. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a 220v House I want to change this switch to smart switch, but I am stumped, I don't have a neutral so I had to return the switch I...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Help please! Got this to use as a doorbell but unsure of specifics and wiring. If someone could maybe help with a diagram/specific parts or even...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I posted yesterday about a suspected faulty starter motor.. I've had the starter out and cleaned everything up and all seems to be...
Replies
Views
hi could some one please help me with the wires on this light switch please i need to change it to a new one any help would be apreciated thanks
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock