Discuss It’s getting mighty hot in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
6 x caravans,fetching 125 amps off 100 amp supply.
Cable getting mighty warm,protected by 60 amp BS 88.
Pretty sure it’s a 10mm 3 core Swa.
Told occupants,to have 1 heater on,& a kettle,otherwise it’s gonna “pop”.

gee-suss. How big are these "caravans?"

The big twin unit log cabins come with LPG central heating. no need for heaters.
Is one caravan pulling more than the others?

Check their kettles too. I bet they have the 3kW quick boil ones.

I thought you were talking about the weather there for a moment I’m just out of the trespass shop tonight with a lovely big cosy parka. Went out for a walk with the dog and well it turns out it isn’t quite as cold as I thought either that or the pup was more active than usual tonight I’m drenched in sweat

It’s for foreigners working on the land,it’s pretty cold,they all finish work,make tea,heater on ,& away we go.
The landlord protesting why it keeps blowing.
The original layout was never designed for this type of usage,I guess.

Sorry for laughing at this but I’ve come across this before.
We have done work for a council roadway/ roadside maintenance contractor and they have a yard. Within the last 10 years we have noticed more and more mobile homes’ or caravans rocking up on site and more 2.5mm cables feeding them. They are paying them rubbish wages, and shacking them up in rubbish ‘homes’ which they take a rent for. The whole situation is really quite disturbing and probably against the law.

Reply to It’s getting mighty hot in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, This week while wiring a very old farmhouse for heaters I noticed the incoming cu tails were very long, around 20 metres from the fuse...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to design a complete rewire for House of Multiple Occupancy (HMO), but going round in circles as there seems to be endless...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I know this has come upquite often, I have gone back through the many threads relating tothis topic. The reason for wanting to...
Replies
Views
GEOFF S
G
N
Ive taken over a job from another spark who never turned up ,embarrasing because i know and have alot of respect for the guy .first thing i...
Replies
Views
nickblake
N

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock