Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss I’ve been in my apprenticeship for around 1.5 years now doing electrical engineering, I’ve been put on the ELA course instead of the City and Guilds? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I’ve been in my apprenticeship for around 1.5 years now doing electrical engineering, I’ve been put on the ELA course instead of the City and Guilds. Few of the lads at work said I’ve been stitched up because no other companies will accept ELA, just wondering what’s the difference and am I really not going to be able to get a different job?

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Pretty Mouth

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I believe that both EAL and C+G qualifications are equally valid. Biggest difference is C+G are very well known, because they do courses in EVERYTHING, whereas EAL seem to be focussed on engineering. It's possible that some employers will have only heard of C+G, in the same way that some customers think you have to be with the NICEIC.

Matthewd29

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have heard rumours that companies don't accept EAL also. Quite a few actually. But never seen any evidence of it. Can't really see why it would make a difference provably the same qualification just a different awarding body.

nicebutdim

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I have heard rumours that companies don't accept EAL also. Quite a few actually. But never seen any evidence of it. Can't really see why it would make a difference provably the same qualification just a different awarding body.

Most SERC electrical courses have been EAL for years.

Reply to I’ve been in my apprenticeship for around 1.5 years now doing electrical engineering, I’ve been put on the ELA course instead of the City and Guilds? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net