Discuss Does anyone recommend a CCTV system? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I tend to supply and fit the Hikvision 7600 series digital video recorders and their IP cameras or the IP cameras from Pyronix (which are a Hikvision company). Free access to your system on a phone/tablet app so you can check in wherever you are.

Some of the cheaper ones are good, but it can be a lottery. If you want a known good system them as per the post above.

My cctv DVR is a cheap brand one but works really well. It's paired with decent cameras though.

If you use power over ethernet cameras then you only need one cable to each camera and it avoids having separate power supplies. I would recommend this route.

The hikvision colourvu (did I get that right?) offers colour images at night rather than the black and white you get from infra red illumination.
I think Swann do a similar thing on the diy budget end.

Thanks, guys that makes sense! Thinking about getting an electrician to do it professionally. Do you think it's worth it?

Depends how comfortable you feel doing it. The basic systems are pretty easy to install. Half the hassle will be getting cables routed to the cameras. Also bear in mind you will probably need an ethernet cable to the recorder.

Definitely go for PoE cameras if you can: one cable to the cameras and reasonably easy to do.

If you are good at DIY it should be simple, but equally if you want it done professionally then various folk will advise and install/commission for you.

For any outdoor cameras you should get UV-resistant network cables, or run them in some trunking/conduit to keep the sun off them otherwise you will be looking at a replacement cable in a couple of years which is a pointless and avoidable cost if considered up-front.

As for CCTV, it sounds like something from the past. I mean, there are more modern variants to provide home security. You can take a look at the catalog of the Ajax company. They produce professional security systems for homes and offices. When I was choosing a system to install in my house, I did not expect it to be so smart. I like the way of control. A mobile application allows me to check all the devices and even see who is coming through a camera built is a motion detector. Such a system works much more reliable than just several security cameras.

I think one of the major advantages of CCTV is that if you're house is broken into, the first thing the Police will ask is "do you have any CCTV of the alleged perpetrators ?" If you answer No, then they'll just give you a crime number to allow you to claim on your insurance. That's it.

If you do have CCTV images... then at least there's a chance that they might send someone round and try to investigate the crime and catch 'em.

As for CCTV, it sounds like something from the past. I mean, there are more modern variants to provide home security. You can take a look at the catalog of the Ajax company. They produce professional security systems for homes and offices. When I was choosing a system to install in my house, I did not expect it to be so smart. I like the way of control. A mobile application allows me to check all the devices and even see who is coming through a camera built is a motion detector. Such a system works much more reliable than just several security cameras.

Do you have a commercial interest in this system by any chance?

Не могу ответить в существующую тему, что делать ??
Может я делаю что то не так?
Прошу помочь.
С уважением.

Вам удалось опубликовать сообщение по этой теме

Поместите свою проблему с публикацией на этот форум.

У вас может быть больше ответов, если вы используете английский
(You might have more answers if you use English)

Reply to Does anyone recommend a CCTV system? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock