Discuss Jb's behind kitchen wall cuboards in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

pritch

-
Reaction score
Given job to lower sockets in kitchen to allow for new wall units. The cables won't reach the lower postion and lifting up the floor boards above to pull back and jb isn't included in the price.If I were to put the jb behind the wallcuboard would that classed as accessable?
Really cant see any other way of doing it?

leave existing back boxes in the wall. join with wagos ( maintenance free, so no need for access). blank plate over joint. sorted

I would say that behind cupboards is not 'accessible for maintenance'.

Tele has given a good method by using the maintenance free types of connectors......crimps, wagos, helacons in an enclosure etc.

or fit a thin piece of plastic over the box, not proud of the wall and tile over

Given job to lower sockets in kitchen to allow for new wall units. The cables won't reach the lower postion and lifting up the floor boards above to pull back and jb isn't included in the price.If I were to put the jb behind the wallcuboard would that classed as accessable?
Really cant see any other way of doing it?

I think for a proper job the floor boards need lifting and the cables extended there (unless the bathroom is above ofcourse, because bathrooms and floor boards are a pain in the butt).

Reply to Jb's behind kitchen wall cuboards in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, new to posting but been reading for years. I inherited a house from my grandmother who passed in 2021, I intend to renovate and rent out...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Hi, we need some advice on our scenario with regards to our rewire plan. I will get this out of the way first... We are planning to put the house...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am undertaking a partial rewire of a house that a client is needing to do quite a bit of surgery on as tenant just left and what a mess...
Replies
Views
Sorry for doing this as new members probably are a pain for doing this. Recently I had a new bathroom installed in my house. I don't know any...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock