JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) JIB apprentice stages?

Discuss JIB apprentice stages? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Callum Jackson

So I have recently had a look on the JIB website I wanted to look into apprentice wages, I downloaded the hand book and found the rates but it states 4 different rates for 4 different "stages". I have looked and looked but can't find a clear definition for the 4 apprentice stages and wondering if anyone knew and With my details could tell me what stage I would fit into?

I have
Level 2 2330 C&G
Level 3 2330 C&G
And I am about 75-80% through my NVQ 3 portfolio
And I've been working on site full time for a year and a half. Also I'm 20 and solely industrial and commercial (if age and type of work matters at all)

Thanks for any guidance on this one.

Id presume the 4 stages are the years you serve your time

1 being your starting wage and 4 being the last year before you become qualified

in my day you would have been graded the equivilent of the old senior stage 1, you would get 2 approx 6 months to a year before gaining your completion diploma, however not sure about today's grades, 17 days is enough usually.

Yeah I know if your firm isn't JIB it doesn't matter mate but at the same time it does because they can be used as a industry standard guideline, just a good reference point is all.

Yeah I know if your firm isn't JIB it doesn't matter mate but at the same time it does because they can be used as a industry standard guideline, just a good reference point is all.

And the company that you work for can say we aren't JIB so you can take it or not what you get paid and close the door on your way out..

If you are on the JIB Apprentice Training Scheme then your employer will have signed the Contract and therefore is liable to pay the JIB rates regardless of whether he or she is a JIB member Company.

However, in practice, many do not adhere to their contractual obligations on pay.

I'm not sure how your two years' full time college would work though as the JIB scheme requires you to be employed throughout your Apprenticeship.

just get your nvq 3 done, then you can get your gold electrician card and then go from there a year and a half exp on site is not that much, I see you are lucky for getting taken on

I'm getting payed as an approved spark cause I'm slick .. The other guys ask how do I do it , and starts with a story ..

but it just waiting for nvq cert then il get card..

I'm getting payed as an approved spark cause I'm slick .. The other guys ask how do I do it , and starts with a story ..

but it just waiting for nvq cert then il get card..
You been drinking today? Unlike you to brag in 2 different posts on the same day, Ireland won yesterday, I thought you would have stopped celebrating by now lol

Few cans earlier watching darts , am I bragging ? Ooops . All I'm saying is I have no jib card or ecs and I still get the rate....
well try to get it as soon as possible, other wise you may be on a mates rate on the next Company lol.

A lot of The Lads that I went to college with that worked for JIB companies that kept in touch afterwards were finding them selves in a position of either stay as you are on the apprentice rates or your out of a job , their apprenticeship contract ended and had to start a new contract with the companies they worked for, a lot of those smaller JIB companies have gone now or are no longer JIB companies , but it seems to me that there is always a way round the rules , and things have gone down the slippery slope ever since , My old gold card is not worth very much any more..

A lot of The Lads that I went to college with that worked for JIB companies that kept in touch afterwards were finding them selves in a position of either stay as you are on the apprentice rates or your out of a job , their apprenticeship contract ended and had to start a new contract with the companies they worked for, a lot of those smaller JIB companies have gone now or are no longer JIB companies , but it seems to me that there is always a way round the rules , and things have gone down the slippery slope ever since , My old gold card is not worth very much any more..
I disagree, as an employer it would be another reason to employ you rather than someone without one, good on you, keep it safe.

And I believe it could happen, but the agency staff haven't a clue , just confuse them ..
Don't know how you get away with it , when I have gone to an Agency (which I don't like , but kneads must), I found they want everything , for 13 poxy quid an hour,,

Reply to JIB apprentice stages? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net