Discuss JIB card, anyone know how long they take to come through in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Phil

as the title just sending off for my first jib card as I will be visiting sites shortly. got all the relevent quals etc just wondering on the time scale. thanks in advance

as the title just sending off for my first jib card as I will be visiting sites shortly. got all the relevent quals etc just wondering on the time scale. thanks in advance

I think there's a link on the JIB homepage you can see the progress of your application
http://www.jib-admin.co.uk/ApplicationStatusCheck.aspx

Never tried it myself.

The last first time JIB application we did was about 18months ago and it took about 7 weeks to come through.

Jim

cheers Jim, bet the cheque didn`t take 7 weeks to come out of the bank though:)
should just about make it then my cscs runs out in may so hopefully should arrive just before.

cheers Jim, bet the cheque didn`t take 7 weeks to come out of the bank though:)
should just about make it then my cscs runs out in may so hopefully should arrive just before.

Think you can still work you don't need the card. Some one was talking about it on another thread as they were still waiting for theirs. Probably two weeks ago?!?

Your right about the cheque.. Soon went in to their bank.

Jim

I sent off for mine a couple of days ago and the ECS site tracker currently says 6 weeks for processing.

You can´t work on site without this card - at least I was offered a job to begin urgently but the fact that I didn´t have the card made it a no no.

Phoned 4 weeks after posting renewal form and it arrived 3 days later. Bussiness partners took a further 2 weeks.Maybe coincidence but the phonecall seemed to move things along.

I'd phone them and check cos i'm sure that your cscs card must have at least 6months left on it (so that might scupper your application)
I did a card renewal a good few months back and it took numerous calls and about 2 months to get my new card

Got mines "updated" and it took 3 weeks although there was problems with my NI number as the last digit letter was different and they thought there was a problem but Inland Revenue cleared it up by saying they ignore the letter at the end anyway. What puzzles me is that you have to send your old card in along with the application so your in a sort of limbo if you are put out of work whilst waiting for your replacement card

Reply to JIB card, anyone know how long they take to come through in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net