JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Jib card grading

Discuss Jib card grading in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

James Sutton

Hi All

Just a shot in the dark applying for a JIB card i have electrical installation part 1 and 2 level 3 17th edition and also inspection and testing 2391. Also have a BTEC ONC in HVAC

Would anyone no what grading i will get any ideas

Thanks

James :confused:

When you say level 3.....do you mean NVQ level 3???

If not then the JIB would only grade you as a labourer or adult trainee maybe. Not electrician or approved electrician though.

Hi James, Lenny is correct about the grading. I have the almost the same qualifications as you. I am currently doing my NVQ3 practising operatives scheme. It is easy enough, if not a little time consuming. My company have funded it, at a cost of around £900. I have been told they are starting a new one in Jan 2011.

Just sent mine off to get regraded from Labourer to hopefully Improver....If it comes back as Labourer or Trainee im gonna be well p***ed off!!
Mind you dunno why im bothering to be honest..I have never been paid JIB rates yet for any job Ive been on.

Mate, JIB's grading system ain't worth a w*** - sorry moderators, I do try not to swear, but somethings just grate the system. I have 2330, 2391 and 10 years experience within the electrical industry, blinding references and a recommendation from my ex-employer (a medium sized contractor)... and the card I got from JIB? Trainee electrician, stage two. They wouldn't even give me a provisional electrician grading card.

Hi All
Just a shot in the dark applying for a JIB card i have electrical installation part 1 and 2 level 3 17th edition and also inspection and testing 2391. Also have a BTEC ONC in HVAC

Would anyone no what grading i will get any ideas

Thanks

James :confused:[/QUOTE]

All double dutch to me sat my approved B course 32 years ago passed at the end of my third year got red electricians card a year later then my green approved card 2 years later so 4 years in total for electrician and a further 2 years for approved and you had to have your C&Gs or no approved card plus a guy I work alongside who got great grades was "held back" for a year by the gaffer who quite rightly told him to get his finger out as there was no way he would sign off on his approved ticket so he had to serve 7 years

Reply to Jib card grading in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock