JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) JIB card question

Discuss JIB card question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bluespark

Hi guys 1st post- just looking for abit of advice.

I have 2351 City and guilds Electrical Installation, 2391 Test and inspection and 17 edition. Iv been working as a Electrician for 12 years, but alot of jobs are now asking for a JIB card. Iv looked at the requirements but am unsure on what grade, if any, card I will be given.

I'm abit worried that I dont have the actual NVQ lv 3 so will I just be given a electricians mate card? :(

Thanks for any help...

they will unfortunately ask for the nvq3 to give you full electrician grade considering your training was done after the 2360 cert.
i'd guess they'd give you an electrical improver grade considering your years working in the industry , which is still a better grade than trainee or labourer , but short of what you were hoping for im afraid.

you can still get the 2356 nvq3 - one of the forum sponsors (XS training) are still advertising it. it's the online version and costs ÂŁ550. if you jump on it now, you'll have until 2015 to complete it.

good call by shagbite.......

and i have come up with another backdoor.........

if you register with an nvq3 course now , the JIB may give you a "provisional" gold electricians card straight away that lasts 12months while you complete your training.
;-)

Thanks lads, u'v been a big help. So I take it after 2015 I'd be royaly screwed... Would I have to take all the exams again for a different course?

Better get to it then... :(

Thanks lads, u'v been a big help. So I take it after 2015 I'd be royaly screwed... Would I have to take all the exams again for a different course?

Better get to it then... :(

maybe.

although, i have heard about some lads (who have done the technical cert's) only having to complete the nvq part of the 2357 diploma (replacement for the outgoing 2356) - along with some exam on renewables.

after 2015 you would have to take the 2 year 2357 course from scratch which sounds about as much fun as toothache.
that online nvq3 offer isnt going to be around for much longer , i'd be using a credit card to get me out the sh*t.

Just worried about all this signing off business- that I'l pay the money and my job wont cover the full range that is required. Like for eg I'v made off 100's of SWA cables over the years but havn't touched 1 in the last 5.

I suppose its worth the risk anyway, I'l try anything to not have to do the full course again :)

Reply to JIB card question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock