Discuss JIB card when you have not gone to college? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

strideredc

I have a friend that's been working in the industry for ten+ years but never went to college? he has been told he can get a NVQL3 and a jib gold card without doing his 2330 l2+l3? surely this cant be right?

Whats the deal with the ''time served'' thing now with the jib?

You need to prove technical competence either by producing a technical certificate (2330) or sitting a competence test with whoever you're doing the NVQ with.
A lot of colleges won't let you do the NVQ3 without a technical certificate.

Hi Adam,

So if you did competence tests and got a nvql3 you could get a jib card? i.e. the jib would accept just an nvql3 without 2330 l2l3 ect?

Reply to JIB card when you have not gone to college? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Talking to an experienced spark this morning who is doing some work for me as i am too busy. He has nearly 35 years experience in the trade...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
In addition to the 4 main, well known competent persons schemes (NICEIC, ELECSA, NAPIT and STROMA), there is apparently another, lesser known...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm new to the forum and in desperate need of advice. I'm a fully qualified electrician qualified under C&G 236 in 2003 (parts 1&2), I...
Replies
Views
M
JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Do you NEED Level 2 AND Level 3 tech certs for JIB Gold Card?
Hi, Due to my experience in construction and other Level 3 qualifications in Construction, i have been told that i can go straight onto a Level 3...
Replies
Views
mestizomad
M

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock