JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Jib/ecs card help

Discuss Jib/ecs card help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SeanSparky

Hi everyone,

im sure this sort of thing gets asked quite often but here goes,

i currently have
2330 level 2 & 3
NVQ 3

what card could I get if any ?
ive asked the JIB this question and got told, they can't tell me that over email but if I apply and pay £48 I will find out when/if I get a card back :s

thankyou

Hi everyone,

i currently have
2330 level 2 & 3
NVQ 3

ive asked the JIB this question and got told, they can't tell me that over email but if I apply and pay £48 I will find out when/if I get a card back :s

thankyou

If you have the 2382 (17th edition) and and an up to date health and safety qualification such as the ecs exam or your nvq is less than 5years old as this would be classed as an exemption then you will get an electricians card. The card will be either installation electrician or maintenance electrician depending what nvq 3 you did.

Hi everyone,

i currently have
2330 level 2 & 3
NVQ 3

thankyou

have you got your am2?

you should get electrician grade ive got the same as you except i got the 2357 nvq rather than the one that goes along with my 2330

if you trained to the 17th you dont need the 17 qual to get the card

have you got your am2?

you should get electrician grade ive got the same as you except i got the 2357 nvq rather than the one that goes along with my 2330

if you trained to the 17th you dont need the 17 qual to get the card

I have got the 2356 NVQ in Elec installation
and it is less than 5 years old.

So so I don't need 17th to get a card ?

depends when he did the 2330.

the am2 is part of the nvq2365

Yes as you would have to do the bridging units, portfolio and am2 to gain the 2357 nvq3. The op has the 2330 level 2&3 (same as what I have btw). If he done the 2357 then he would have had to have completed the am2 as part of that. If he done the 2356 nvq3 its was never mandatory to complete the am2 as part of that untill they brought out the mature candidate assessment and changed the last two numbers on the end of the 2356 qualification.

I completed the 2330 and 2356 but trained under the 16th.
Ahhh I see..... 2330 started before 2008 when the 17th came into play.
well one more question, I did train towards 17th edition, I know this.... But how would the JIB know This ?

Ahhh I see..... 2330 started before 2008 when the 17th came into play.
well one more question, I did train towards 17th edition, I know this.... But how would the JIB know This ?

The date of your certificates.

I actually started my course and studied most of it under the 16th. My level 3 2330 certificate was actually awarded after the 17th came in as was my 2356, but I never had to do a 17th edition course to gain my JIB grade card.

The date of your certificates.

I actually started my course and studied most of it under the 16th. My level 3 2330 certificate was actually awarded after the 17th came in as was my 2356, but I never had to do a 17th edition course to gain my JIB grade card.

Did you do the AM2 Andy?

Well if you helpful guys think I will get a card, I'm just going to apply and see what happens, I may let you know what I get back in about 3 months haha

im not too bothered at the moment if I got a trainee card, I can always sit the 17th and have it re graded.

My main concern was sending them £48 just for them to say "sorry you can't have any card, we are keeping the money for such and such"

as as long as I get any card it's fine

thanks guys

Reply to Jib/ecs card help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock