JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) JIB or not 2b

Discuss JIB or not 2b in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

ted_tastic

Can anyone advise?? I am gas safe registered with full acs quals, last year i decided to do a 5 day domestic installer course including part p so I could wire up boilers etc. I have just passed 17th edition Looking to do 2391 this september. I am currently installing single, 3 phase and gas smart meters. looking ahead would like to get involved with solar PV and micro generation.

My question is do I need to be JIB approved to work as an electrician? Can I become JIB approved without NVQ qualification? I am 38 and can not afford to spend 2-3 years at college doing an NVQ course.

Any advice would be very appreciated.

In general a JIB card would only be required to work on costruction sites where CSCS cards are required.
Some employer's may require one, as part of their conditions of employment.
To obtain an approved grading, you would require the NVQ3 and the 2391.

To get a jib card you normally have to had a full JIB aprentership and also passsed the cics exam
I got mine but it was a hard struggle as i did a coal face electricians aprentership with a futher years tecnicians course.not a jib aprentership
even though i am a NiC EIC & a ECA qualifying manager + hold my Miet i stiill had to go through the hoop to get my JIB card

Can anyone advise?? I am gas safe registered with full acs quals, last year i decided to do a 5 day domestic installer course including part p so I could wire up boilers etc. I have just passed 17th edition Looking to do 2391 this september. I am currently installing single, 3 phase and gas smart meters. looking ahead would like to get involved with solar PV and micro generation.

My question is do I need to be JIB approved to work as an electrician? Can I become JIB approved without NVQ qualification? I am 38 and can not afford to spend 2-3 years at college doing an NVQ course.

Any advice would be very appreciated.

you will need the 2330 level 2 and 3 also with the nvq 3 to get the card.

To get a jib card you normally have to had a full JIB aprentership and also passsed the cics exam
I got mine but it was a hard struggle as i did a coal face electricians aprentership with a futher years tecnicians course.not a jib aprentership
even though i am a NiC EIC & a ECA qualifying manager + hold my Miet i stiill had to go through the hoop to get my JIB card

How would you know if you'd done a 'JIB appreticeship'? The Firm i'v done my time with isn't JIB as far as I know? My certificates have JIB plastered over them. Does that sound like I would get a JIB card? Thanks

How would you know if you'd done a 'JIB appreticeship'? The Firm i'v done my time with isn't JIB as far as I know? My certificates have JIB plastered over them. Does that sound like I would get a JIB card? Thanks

When did you do your time Richard.

I did mine back in the 70's and it was a JIB apprenticeship, though I was not in a JIB company. I had a JIB deed of apprenticeship which was stamped/sealed by the JIB, this though as you can see was a few years back so it may have been different for you.

I finished it recently. I'm looking at them now, and the one that says I'v completed an apprenticeship has a JIB symbol in the top corner. I'm going to have to phone them I think!

Although the company I work has been of reasonable size, I doubt very much that their JIB registered. My god I'm going to be pi55ed if I still can't get one after all this time!!!

Rich

There's no requirement to have done your Apprenticeship with the JIB to get a JIB card.
It used to be, that an Apprenticeship with a JIB registered company was required to receive an Approved grading.
As far as I'm aware, now the requirement for an Approved grading is the 2391.

Reply to JIB or not 2b in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock