Discuss Job price opinions please.............. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

kevyn

-
Reaction score
I have just priced up a job and wolud like some opinions on the price please

Spec:
Non lived-in rewire
3 level house
solid walls (all sockets and switches to be chased into wall in oval pipe and patched in)
new kitchen
new bathroom

28 2G sockets
Points wired for Fridge, Washing Machine etc
15 1 Way lights
3 2 Way lights
Downlights wired and fitted in new kitchen and bathroom
New Consumer Unit
Door Bell

All Fittings and Cable Supplied

Total Price: £2600 all in

What do you all think?:confused:

Same as the rest over 3 k or have you been looking at doing a job of the my hammer etc website if so walk away have not heard anything good anyway good luck with the job and stop selling your self cheap

Like the rest of the lads have said its a cheap rewire being three storey as well theres a lot of stairs involved i would put at least another 1200 pounds on it and is it 1st fix then plastered and 2nd fix a few weeks later so could be a 3 week job going backwards and forwards so just so more pointers to bear in mind.

"ALL FITTINGS AND CABLE SUPPLIED"

Im sorry lads but in this current climate I just don't see how you can ask for 4000 quid for LABOUR ONLY on a NON-LIVED IN rewire.

Obviously a lot depends on whereabouts in the UK you are and tbh 2600 is a LITTLE bit cheap but if you go in near 4k id put my mortgage on you losing the job (unless you're sure of gettin it etc etc!).

All the best

I think he means "ALL FITTINGS AND CABLE SUPPLIED" supplied by him. Making it really cheap. Your better off losing the job than not making any money. I have learnt the hard way. You never lose money on a job you have never had. And you can not squeeze a 3500-4000 job into 2600.

Like the rest of the lads have said its a cheap rewire being three storey as well theres a lot of stairs involved i would put at least another 1200 pounds on it and is it 1st fix then plastered and 2nd fix a few weeks later so could be a 3 week job going backwards and forwards so just so more pointers to bear in mind.

I have taken all the advice given an put in a price of just over £3200. Still making money out of it but dont want to seem to greedy to the customer. Its a bit cut throat here at the mo as I have just lost a job that I priced to the bare bones and still got under cut. The other firm must be doin it for peanuts.

Oh and I dont use My Hammer as it is just a breeding ground for cowboys that are givin the big boys like us a bad name.

Last edited:
Hi Kevyn good luck, i think that is a lot more realistic if you get the job get your materials list together and get the wholesalers to quote you remember they are in the same boat sometimes you can. play one against the other

Fair play to you mate stick to your guns. Large firm near us have just gone bust from buying in work and winning everything in sight.

i did same sort of thing couple of years back, 3 storey 3 beds kitchen living room and bathroom power lighting smokes and new c.u. 56 soding downlights!!! and all for £3000 think it cost me 1k for materials and the time i put in it just worked out that the 2k made me £150 a day

Reply to Job price opinions please.............. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net