Discuss Job quotes you know won’t happen in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I find it great!
"Hi Mum, can I have £1000 as i'm in a spot of bother", "of course you can dear here you go"........
5 mins later
"Hi Mum, can I have £1000 as I'm in a spot of bother" :D

Sorry, the black humour of a nurse, helps deal with it all!
My Mum is fine :)

I find it great!
"Hi Mum, can I have £1000 as i'm in a spot of bother", "of course you can dear here you go"........
5 mins later
"Hi Mum, can I have £1000 as I'm in a spot of bother" :D

Sorry, the black humour of a nurse, helps deal with it all!
My Mum is fine :)

Thank you for the really crass and insensitive post

As mentioned in an earlier post my Mum isn't fine and the NHS in some ways have made only succeeded in making it worse

Dementia and alzheimers or any mental health issue for that matter isn't funny, nurses black humour or not when your living with someone who suffers with it

It really shows why the NHS are useless when it comes to mental health issues they push a few buttons pull a few strings irritate the patient then either call the police when they kick off or run away because they fear a claim of harassment from the patient and leave the rest of the family to pick up the pieces

I have a couple of friends who have mental health problems an hour or two with one of the NHS experts and they are even further off the rails and somebody else is left to calm things down

Good to know that the NHS find mental health touches their sense of humour

As mentioned in an earlier post my Mum isn't fine and the NHS in some ways have made only succeeded in making it worse

Dementia and alzheimers or any mental health issue for that matter isn't funny, nurses black humour or not when your living with someone who suffers with it

It really shows why the NHS are useless when it comes to mental health issues they push a few buttons pull a few strings irritate the patient then either call the police when they kick off or run away because they fear a claim of harassment from the patient and leave the rest of the family to pick up the pieces

I have a couple of friends who have mental health problems an hour or two with one of the NHS experts and they are even further off the rails and somebody else is left to calm things down

Genuinely sorry about your mum chap. When/if I get dementia I hope my boy makes jokes about me though and stays happy, that would make me happy.
Going to sign out of this chat now though as not very electrical based and obviously too emotional.
Sorry again chap.

I wouldn't entertain him, but then it depends how desperate you are for work. I recently had a guy reply to my email quote that I sent him almost 11 months beforehand (only a day's work). I might have still done the job had he not moved the goal posts, so I haven't even responded to him as I don't want to do a second visit (fortunately I'm not desperate for the work).

You know sometimes every cloud has a silver lining.
One of my great aunts lost her husband and son to cancer within a few years.

The old girl went down to skin and bone pining for her two boys.

She recently started showing signs of Alzheimer's, she has now forgotten that her husband and son are dead, her daughters just go along with the charade, at least she is eating again and she is doing well physically, however we all know that this upswing will be short lived before Alzheimer's takes a stronger grip.

You know sometimes every cloud has a silver lining.
One of my great aunts lost her husband and son to cancer within a few years.

The old girl went down to skin and bone pining for her two boys.

She recently started showing signs of Alzheimer's, she has now forgotten that her husband and son are dead, her daughters just go along with the charade, at least she is eating again and she is doing well physically, however we all know that this upswing will be short lived before Alzheimer's takes a stronger grip.

If only it was that easy

It's taken me around 10 years to get a better understanding of the Alzheimer's / dementia issues and realise that it is not an old age disease and can affect people much younger as well.
Then there is also the fact that most people don't realise that Alzheimer's / dementia has many different forms which I can only liken to the "Happy drunk" and the "Aggressive Drunk" and somewhere in between
My brother's father in law is the "Happy drunk" and no problem to anyone where as my mum is like Jekyll and Hyde she can be the "Aggressive Drunk" one day and the next appear totally complis mentis with other days somewhere in between so you never know what you are going to get

Over the last 20 years I have learnt a lot about mental illness and mental health care and the conclusion I have come to is that the supposed experts operate from books and theory the problem comes when it gets to the practical aspect they try to categorise people and generally there is not enough of the right shaped holes for the different shaped pegs they have and therefore the prognosis and treatment don't fit with the patients mental issues

A mate of mine is a gardener and charges £45 per hour for small jobs and my sister in law is a PT and is £65 per hour.
A lot of people seem to have money to burn on having the grass cut and help getting fit...

Your mate and sister in law need to be handing your cards out as they have obviously found those customers with money to burn ;)

Your mate and sister in law need to be handing your cards out as they have obviously found those customers with money to burn ;)

I live in a fairly affluent area of Surrey where there are lots of posh people with lots of money.

But think you are trying to pull the wool over there eyes if you quite £40 per hour for electrical jobs.
I recently quoted £60 labour to replace 2 bathroom lights and was told they have found a cheaper electrician.
Yet will happily pay £60 to have their grass cut or £50 to get their Range Rover washed.

I live in a fairly affluent area of Surrey where there are lots of posh people with lots of money.

But think you are trying to pull the wool over there eyes if you quite £40 per hour for electrical jobs.
I recently quoted £60 labour to replace 2 bathroom lights and was told they have found a cheaper electrician.
Yet will happily pay £60 to have their grass cut or £50 to get their Range Rover washed.
Crazy isn't it ?
You'd think people that use services like that a lot would be happy to pay out. Or maybe they just equate cost with amount of physical effort expended and don't appreciate technical jobs.

Crazy isn't it ?
You'd think people that use services like that a lot would be happy to pay out. Or maybe they just equate cost with amount of physical effort expended and don't appreciate technical jobs.

I think they think changing a couple lights ‘how hard can it be’

Where as washing their car or cutting their grass is hard work so happy to pay through the nose to let someone else do it

Having read this post about the op costumer im now crying in me mug of tea pot. there is nothing like loneliness .you could ask him to ring the Samaritans if he needs to speak to some one for a hour , if not them he could ring me.

Having read this post about the op costumer im now crying in me mug of tea pot. there is nothing like loneliness .you could ask him to ring the Samaritans if he needs to speak to some one for a hour , if not them he could ring me.
Jesus don't say that.

Talk about robbing the aul boy of his dignity.

It's weird, in my view, that after the crash of 2008, the biggest earners seem to be dog walking and dog grooming...
Oh! I'm broke, so i will get someone else to walk my dog, and pay them.
Round my way, if you want your dog groomed you have to wait in a queue for an appointment. Once you get one, you have to sign up for a monthly trim or you don't get another chance.
Got a dog?
Look after it yourself!
Can't?
Don't buy one!
Unless you are someone who is less able but for whom a dog is an essential companion...in that case, go ahead.

Loads of dog walkers / groomers in my

Apparently it is now very unfashionable to walk your own dog so if you dint have a personal dog walker then people will look down their nose at you

The mind boggles

So true, Dusty...
sad state of affairs, for sure.

Mind you, I met a lady at a party recently who was rejoicing in the fact that her local nursery now takes children from 6 weeks old...6 WEEKS!
Oh, let's have a baby, it's so fashionable...but i have to get back to work to keep my place on the ladder. And the amount I earn will pay for the childcare...sorted!
No, no no!

Reply to Job quotes you know won’t happen in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock