Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Job

Discuss Job in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lofty84

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Ive been asked if I can do the a very simple job for someone, all it is is to change the faceplates from plastic to chrome on the following

8 x double sockets
1 x single
5 x dimmer switches
1 x normal switch
5 x switched fused spurs
1 x aerial socket
1 x telephone

how much would you charge for that please?

Many thanks

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
S

sedgy34

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ive been asked if I can do the a very simple job for someone, all it is is to change the faceplates from plastic to chrome on the following

8 x double sockets
1 x single
5 x dimmer switches
1 x normal switch
5 x switched fused spurs
1 x aerial socket
1 x telephone

Many thanks
if its labour only £150 decent half days work

diditrain

-
Arms
Only you know how long it will take you to do this work including all your testing. Only you know what your overheads and operating costs are

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
£150 is about right, but be careful as you may have to fit deeper back boxes on some fittings.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
and damaged lugs could rear theit ugly heads.

K

Knobhead

£1265-56p!
As diditrain said, you know the job, your overheads, etc.
How can you honestly expect anyone else to tell you a price. These questions annoy me.

J

jase

Just to change a front ????
Thats about £60-70 perhour ?????
Work for an oil sheik do you lol.
How long does it take to take off old front, strip back cables, untwist earths if twisted, re-sleeve earths , strip conductors, put new faceplates on, probably not long, but then if you allow for b***x such as, cables not long enough, broken lugs, and some of the new fuse spurs are a nightmare to fit in the backboxes especially the flat plate ones, I always go with £10 per point, for changing accesories, be it a socket front, lightswitch, or wall lights and changing normal pendants for fancy things from B&Q !!! no-ones ever told be its steep, even had a guy give me £20 just to replace a 6" pendant like for like said i was too cheap!!
best one i had was changing all the socket, switch and spur fronts in a big 5 bed 2 bath house, 97 front plates in total, @ £10 per point done over 2 days, and they supplied the accesories

1shortcircuit

8 x double sockets
1 x single
5 x dimmer switches
1 x normal switch
5 x switched fused spurs
1 x aerial socket
1 x telephone

Many thanks
I would charge my day rate and hope all goes well.

Bear in mind that you may also find that you have to connect fly leads to earth the metal accessories. You may also discover no rubber grommets fitted to installation boxes which will need rectifying too:thumbsup

As mentioned a very simple job can turn into a right ballache :(

Also, I think you should think about even if you complete the work ahead of schedule it won't leave you a great deal of time to move on to another job so in my opinion it has to be a day's work at the absolute minimum.

M

MKS

I was thinking Aussie dollars, sorry !!! My bad, works out just over 170 at 15 dollars per unit!! That's my excuse and sticking with it lol

No matter what you charge I'll bet customer said how much just for changing a few faces your doing well if you get £150 good luck

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Job in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom