Discuss Jobs at home. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Poshspark

I have this afternoon just fitted 4 fluorescent lights in my loft that I have had lying up there for 5 years it only took me 2 hours. What's the longest that you have left an electrical job at home on your to do list?

I have been rewiring my dads bungalow for 2 years now. Waiting for him to clear each room and the loft but he can never be bothered. So far ive rewired the feed to the lighting circuit, one half of the first RFC and fitted the consumer unit, each circuit on an rcbo

I have this afternoon just fitted 4 fluorescent lights in my loft that I have had lying up there for 5 years it only took me 2 hours. What's the longest that you have left an electrical job at home on your to do list?

FOUR fittings !!!
Do you play football up there ?

I have been meaning to lay power on to one of our barns that have the cattle and pigs in since we moved in seven years ago !

At the moment it has a couple of 6ft twins , a burco water heater , mobile milking machine and a wheel chair mobility lift that i put in to make it easier to get the bales up in to the hay loft with , all running on three 20m extension leads trailing out of a conservatory window !:35:

I will get it done this year , Honest !

I have been meaning to lay power on to one of our barns that have the cattle and pigs in since we moved in seven years ago !

At the moment it has a couple of 6ft twins , a burco water heater , mobile milking machine and a wheel chair mobility lift that i put in to make it easier to get the bales up in to the hay loft with , all running on three 20m extension leads trailing out of a conservatory window !:35:

I will get it done this year , Honest !

Bloody farmers :nonod:

When i first moved into my house i wired an additional socket in my lounge running the cable through my understairs cupboard, I didnt have any yt2 in the van so just clipped it as a temporary measure. Finally got round to putting it in trunking the other day, must've taken 5 minutes at most, finishing the job 10 years after I first started it.

I moved into my place in 2005 I've got my stores at the bottom of the garden next to a garage with power but still haven't put power into it. In the winter I have to go in with a torch.

It's been over ten years and I still have put a supply to my groundsmans hut as I know he'll then want to make tea and have a heater in the cold weather..................

If the question was to include actual booked in work !?
Then we have actually had a couple of clients up and die on us before we have got around to doing their work !

With one of them i actually called around to book the work in while the family was having the wake !:blush5:
Which sort of explained why she had not returned my calls !

Well, I now feel pleased that last weekend I finally got around to fitting the two fused isolators needed to make the job legit for the PIR and humidistat in the bathroom....that's been two years at least. But the 2 x 5' fluoro's due for the loft are still mounted upright on a bit of floorboard on a long bit of T&E to a plugtop - thing is, I know it'll only be a half hour job to do it properly so why rush?

LADIES - when a man says he'll do something, he'll do it. There's no need to remind us every six months.

Reply to Jobs at home. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net