Discuss Joining 25mm Tails in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

U

Unswitched

Hi Guys,

Have replaced a 2-tier MK board in a restaurant today, but the 25mm tails are set solid in the wall with no hope of renewing to meter elsewhere. They are too short and I have temporally joined them with 60A connectors.

Anyone got any ideas of the best/neatest way to extend within the actual board? (just don't reach main switch).

If I was to use crimps, can you get suitable ones for 25mm, and I guess heat shrink?

What about line taps? Are these suitable?

Have thought about: Small henleys within board (too large as there are many ways being used), Soldering & stretching!

Any help guys would be appreciated.

If I use crimps, I think I may need a bigger crimper as mine only go upto 16mm. Can you get 25mm? Must be able to.

Thanks again

yes you can get crimps for 25mm and suitably rated!

why not connect the tails in an enclosure next to the box rather than inside the board! that way you can use lucy/henley blocks??

yes you can get crimps for 25mm and suitably rated!

why not connect the tails in an enclosure next to the box rather than inside the board! that way you can use lucy/henley blocks??

Hi Durham,

Thanks for the reply.

No space for any external joins, tails come straight through wall and box takes up whole enclosure, really, a work of art getting it all in. Just had a look around and see that 25mm crimps are easily getable! Just a bit of heatshrink and thats all I need? What amalmagating tape instead? Got loads in the van!

Cheers!

heya there m8,
yeah you can crimp 25mm2 tails and with either the heat srink or amalg tape cover the bare conductor and you are away mi old, crimped joints don't have to inspected as do soldered joint to - not like other ways of jointing ...:D

Reply to Joining 25mm Tails in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net