Discuss Joining NAPIT/NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've recently gone self employed, running my own business and am looking to join either NAPIT or NICEIC.

Firstly, which do you suggest?

Secondly, they need 3 big jobs to be able to assess such as consumer units/rewires I believe. How do I go about telling the customer etc I'm unable to certify the works until I am registered, but I need 3 of these types of jobs to be able to register if that makes sense?

All seems really hard and stressful to me at the moment. I have everything else in place such as qualifications and insurances, etc it's just these 3 jobs I am struggling with. Any advice/help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Agreed it can be a bit stressful but the schemes want you to succeed in joining them, and are usually quite helpful when you explain your situation.
You get 30 days from when you do a job to when it has to be notified. So, as soon as you know your assessment date, it's usually possible to arrange a few jobs that will allow you enough time to get approved, and then notify the jobs within the 30 days.
Good luck.

Agreed it can be a bit stressful but the schemes want you to succeed in joining them, and are usually quite helpful when you explain your situation.
You get 30 days from when you do a job to when it has to be notified. So, as soon as you know your assessment date, it's usually possible to arrange a few jobs that will allow you enough time to get approved, and then notify the jobs within the 30 days.
Good luck.
Thank you for the advice! I have a consumer unit swap lined up at parents house, a job where I have installed 2 new circuits recently so just on the hunt for one more!

Good luck.
if the BC / Scams could allow say 60 days or even 90 days grace to notify jobs it would make the whole process much simpler

you could do a rewire this month and join a scam next month and still have plenty of time to get the job notified to BC without and undue stresses

if the BC / Scams could allow say 60 days or even 90 days grace to notify jobs it would make the whole process much simpler

you could do a rewire this month and join a scam next month and still have plenty of time to get the job notified to BC without and undue stresses
Exactly! I get they have to be firm to stop any old person signing up but as you say even 60 days would allow so much more time to get bits sorted and signed. Any advice for the actual assessment day? What to expect etc

Any suggestion on who to go with? NAPIT or NIC? I hear some customers prefer people to be NIC registered but also heard NAPIT can be good too

Reply to Joining NAPIT/NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock