Discuss Joining Napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all, I am joining Napit and my assessment is at the end of the month. I have just finished a complete rewire of a flat I own 30 miles from where I live. Up until this present day I have always been employed by a company so any certs I have written have been on behalf of the company I work for. Taking this into consideration I have no previous certs to show, will this be an issue? Also, I have been given a checklist for documents I need to have in place. The regs book, on-site guide, EAWR 1989, Part P, and even my qualifications and insurances are not an issue to supply. Where I'm struggling is with things like time sheets/works diary, records of complaints, Waste disposal policy statement, and H&S policy statement. As I said before I have always been employed and have none of these in place. How do I move forward with these? Can someone give me an indication of what the assessment will be like, what sort of questions they ask and if they are strict on things like outlets not being 300mm away from a hob (obviously not directly above it but within 300mm)? Also, the main earth coming direct from the supply is stranded and really short. I can connect it to an MET but I'm unable to fix the MET to anything as the main earth is so short and comes in from the bottom of the mantel cupboard unit with no access to the connection to the main supply. Sorry about the long paragraph but for some reason when I hit the return key nothing happens. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

The issue with hitting return and nothing happening is an old bug. It's easily resolved by clicking on the symbol in the top left of the dialogue boax a small capital A, a / and a large capital A underlined.

Without wanting to sound too glib if you have paid the fee you're in mate. If you need any help with what NAPIT want to see you'd be best off talking to them and telling them your problem, they'll have experience of it and will help you after all, they want your cash this year, next year and every year into the future

Don't need to see a site diary. Won't need a cert in your assessment rewire for your assessment. Obviously will for labc. As long as you show insurance, 17th and part p you're good to go. They will give you any other paperwork such as h and s policy etc. typical questions are disconnection times. Bonding and main earth questions ie sizing. Probably ask you to do Ze and an R1 R2. RCD questions on times of disconnection x1 x5 etc. don't forget they will want cal cert for your test gear.
It's a breeze just buy biscuits

Hi all, I am joining Napit and my assessment is at the end of the month. I have just finished a complete rewire of a flat I own 30 miles from where I live. Up until this present day I have always been employed by a company so any certs I have written have been on behalf of the company I work for. Taking this into consideration I have no previous certs to show, will this be an issue? Also, I have been given a checklist for documents I need to have in place. The regs book, on-site guide, EAWR 1989, Part P, and even my qualifications and insurances are not an issue to supply. Where I'm struggling is with things like time sheets/works diary, records of complaints, Waste disposal policy statement, and H&S policy statement. As I said before I have always been employed and have none of these in place. How do I move forward with these? Can someone give me an indication of what the assessment will be like, what sort of questions they ask and if they are strict on things like outlets not being 300mm away from a hob (obviously not directly above it but within 300mm)? Also, the main earth coming direct from the supply is stranded and really short. I can connect it to an MET but I'm unable to fix the MET to anything as the main earth is so short and comes in from the bottom of the mantel cupboard unit with no access to the connection to the main supply. Sorry about the long paragraph but for some reason when I hit the return key nothing happens. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

As said above do not worry about it, it should be fine, so long as you have not made any glaring errors (but even then you will get a chance to correct them).
Your welcome pack should give you examples of the working paperwork they require.

You will only need the electrical installation certificate for the rewire you are showing them, next year they will expect to see copies of your completed certificates for the year and may look at a few.

As you are just starting they will not expect you to be using everything yet.
Have a week to view diary available for a works diary, no appointments yet.
Have a plain page with:

Customer
Contact details
Nature of complaint
Justified complaint (Yes/No)
Response(s) to customer
Date
Actions taken to resolve complaint
Cost of resolution
Complaint resolved (Yes/No)

or such as a complaints log (unless you complained about yourself there will be no entries (though you could put "nothing for March 2014"!))
Modify their example waste disposal policy, using approved routes and paperwork and registered waste carriers etc.
Modify their example H&S policy to match your business model. All work done in accordance with risk assessments and HSE guidance, reporting of accidents etc.
The 300mm is guidance not requirement, just be prepared to explain the justification why you as an electrician chose to put it there, but it is unlikely to come up.
The MET should be supported as should any junction so that there is no strain on the connections.

they`l need to see you`v got an accident book

if you intend installing fire alarms they`l need to see you have some current, relevent literature on them..(the Aico/kidde fyrnetics guides would be OK for this)

they`r also keen on seeing quote sheets...and any quotes you have submitted

get your paperwork in order...

make sure you have current cal certs for MFT/seperates that you intend to use.....you dont need a check box...but they may want to see ...say a socket outlet at home that you have recorded an (R1 R2), IR and Loop ...the values obtained could then be logged....this socket outlet can then be used to check the instruments ongoing accuracy throughout the year between visits to the callibration house.....

Reply to Joining Napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock