Discuss Joining NICEIC in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jabbajaws

Does any one know the minimum no of jobs required to join NICEIC, what they are, and whether or not they can ALL be covered under the self-certification scheme if assessment is approved?

Input appreciated...

Jabbajaws :confused:

Does any one know the minimum no of jobs required to join NICEIC, what they are, and whether or not they can ALL be covered under the self-certification scheme if assessment is approved?

Input appreciated...

Jabbajaws :confused:
for domestic installer its 2 jobs, 1 major 1 minor.

for approved contractor its 5 jobs, 2 major 3 minor ;)

new installation of a consumer unit or full or part rewire etc for a minor works it could be a new socket outlet added to an excisting installation like kitchin ring final circuit or bedroom - living room etc , you need two seperate sites for each job hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
as fare as i knw it would as the consumer unit requires its own circuit u'll need to produse an electrical installation certificate for the c/u change you download the green specimen cert from the niceic website for none registered niceic contracters good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
The NICEIC has two Rolls, the Approved Contractor (AC) and the Domestic Installer (DIS). The AC Roll is for anyone carrying out any type of electrical work, the DIS Roll is for domestic work only.
For the AC Roll you require five jobs.
The DIS Roll you require two jobs. For this Roll the very minimum required for one of them is a new circuit, however it cannot be just 1M long as they cannot get an assessment of your capabilities, it must be run across the dwelling and comply with all the latest regulations, for this you will need an Electrical Installation Certificate, the second can be an addition or alteration to an existing circuit and a Minor Works Certificate should have been issued.

Once again guys thanks for all the comments. So im guessing the path to start out on then is DIS and get enough experience to go for AC eventually. What sort of money would l be expecting to pay then for the membership plus assessment and registration fees, anyone? I need a rough idea before setting anything in stone...

Check out the NICEIC website, I think it's about £440.00 by direct debit and £460.00 by other means.
For DIS you need Part P and eventually 17th Ed.

Gary

Just got on their website and it's £425.50 by dd and £448.50 by other.

Gary

Last edited:
I thought that anything in the garden was notifiable, ie garden lighting.

So a CU in a brick built workshop with lighting and power circuits surely should count as notifiable.

Gary

The circuit that feeds the garage is notifiable but everything else isnt, unless you put a socket on the outside of the garage wall.

App Doc P Page 8

Check out the NICEIC website, I think it's about £440.00 by direct debit and £460.00 by other means.
For DIS you need Part P and eventually 17th Ed.

Gary

Just got on their website and it's £425.50 by dd and £448.50 by other.

Gary

I thought being a member of NICEIC was your part P, this is so bloody confusing this part P

The way I see it is that Part P confirms your understanding of domestic building regs rather than electrical knowledge. I took mine at Able Skills in Dartford and most of the questions were about building regs.

Gary

I know that, I was trying to help the previous post about the the role of NICEIC, ie. they are not the Part P part(!) of registration with them. Although they do provide courses.

As I am new to this site I don't know if the procedure for AC and DIS has been laid out, if not then rather than several posts perhaps one section where ones options are in a flow chart?

Reply to Joining NICEIC in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net