Discuss Joining part P scheme in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mrmatt

Looking into joining either Napit or Elecsa, both seem to offer the same sort of thing however on the elecsa requirements page I saw this

Guarantee Insurance Provider - You must be able to offer insurance with your guarantees and we will require the details of your provider. This is a requirement of the scheme but is not required to pass the initial assessment as details can be provided after the assessment

I didnt see this on the Napit site could anyone explain this in simple English?

Thanks

it,s that you offer an insurance backed guarantee on your work, so if you for any reason cease trading,, and something is wrong with some work you have done, the guarantee provider will sort it out for the customer.

it,s that you offer an insurance backed guarantee on your work, so if you for any reason cease trading,, and something is wrong with some work you have done, the guarantee provider will sort it out for the customer.

thanks for the fast reply

do you need this on any scheme or does some of the scheme providers cover this as part of the membership fee?

I just joined ELECSA, and passed the Assessment Process last week. I didnt have an insuarance backed Warranty, as I was goign to use the one offered by ELECSA. Basically this doesn't cost you anything - its something you offer to the customer, and then they take it up with ELECSA - so you pay nothing.

Hope this helps. If not just PM me. As for difference between ELECSA, NAPIT etc. I guess that there is litle difference as they are only checking you to governement standards that have been set - however it probably comes down to what they can do for you.

Reply to Joining part P scheme in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net