Discuss Joining the jib/Ecs/grading Advice needed. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

stuart.ogden

Hello there,

Im trying to re-join the jib so I can get graded with my qualifications

I was in the jib as a labourer from 2002 - 2008 until I got made redundant

Then I started collage and now have 2330 level 1 & 2, 17th edition, ecs, cscs.(I don't yet have my ecs card just my assessment number that proves I've passed)

So now I want to rejoin the jib so I get my card with all my qualifications on it

Only thing is when I downloaded all the forms I see it says sponsors, endorsements
but I'm unemployed at the moment so I have none,

It would be a great help if some one could shed some light on to this for me as I'm trying to get myself back in to work,

Kind regards

Stuart Ogden.

u will just get a labourer card again

How come, ?

I now have qualifacations

Electrical installation 2330 nvq lvl 1 & 2 that I've passed

Passed my 17th edition course

Passed my ecs

Passed my cscs.

surley they would go on the card if I get graded,

All fundamental electrical qualifications for electricians need to be level 3, and have been so for a good many years now. Never understood why some stop at level 2, just makes no sense to me?

AM2/ NVQ3/ 17th Ed are also level 3 qualifications, though you have to wonder how the 17th warrants a level 3 rating...

what was you hoping for ? to be graded as an electrician ?.. surely your aware of the criteria to be graded as an electrician .JIB have now.brought.in a pathway for people who didnt have the chance to.undertake the NVQ etc if you can prove experience and other relevant.qualifications

what was you hoping for ? to be graded as an electrician ?.. surely your aware of the criteria to be graded as an electrician .JIB have now.brought.in a pathway for people who didnt have the chance to.undertake the NVQ etc if you can prove experience and other relevant.qualifications
he doesnt have the core qualifications so they wont let him do it.

the shortcut is only for the nvq

I think the OP is referring to being graded as an Adult Trainee, I believe you need sponsorship to do this. Just get a labourers card for the time being as you can change it once you find work. I don't think anyone really cares what it says on your card unless its a gold card.

Reply to Joining the jib/Ecs/grading Advice needed. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock