Discuss Joker wrenches in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

U can get 10mm and 13mm in one opened ended spanner along with a 17mm and 19mm. Both of which I have and can say they are good value in my opinion.

These are non ratchet versions as far as I have seen.

10,13,17, occasionally 19. open end 11mm for square roofing bolt nuts

I have a 10/13 open ended one. very well made but i still find it a bit awkward to use compared with a conventional spanner.

Mostly it is the DIN sizes you will see so most comon are:
M4 = 7mm
M5 = 8mm
M6 = 10mm
M8 = 13mm
M10 = 17mm
M12 = 19mm
M16 = 24mm
For the smaller sizes a 'nut runner' (screwdriver with hex socket) is often most useful thing, less chance of socket coming off as you would see with 1/4" drive set, etc. For an electrician I doubt you will see much over 19mm.

But, there is a whole lot of other sizes in use, so your M10 bolt might just have 16mm or 15mm size!

Also you will occasionally see UNF/UNC sizes and some metric spanners are often close enough, for example:
7/16" ~ 11mm
1/2" ~ 13mm
5/8" ~ 16mm
3/4" practically identical to 19mm.

But if you really want to impress the ladies you need these:

Mostly it is the DIN sizes you will see so most comon are:
M4 = 7mm
M5 = 8mm
M6 = 10mm
M8 = 13mm
M10 = 17mm
M12 = 19mm
M16 = 24mm
For the smaller sizes a 'nut runner' (screwdriver with hex socket) is often most useful thing, less chance of socket coming off as you would see with 1/4" drive set, etc. For an electrician I doubt you will see much over 19mm.

But, there is a whole lot of other sizes in use, so your M10 bolt might just have 16mm or 15mm size!

Also you will occasionally see UNF/UNC sizes and some metric spanners are often close enough, for example:
7/16" ~ 11mm
1/2" ~ 13mm
5/8" ~ 16mm
3/4" practically identical to 19mm.

But if you really want to impress the ladies you need these:
Good post :)
That Bacho set has all the sizes in your post including 27mm . Ring only though.

seen them on ebay. sold individually. works about the same price when added up. sorely tempted.
You won't be disappointed. They pack fits in the pocket.
Amazon had the full pack cheaper than the ones in my link, they may well still have them.

I was wrong - They are the same price.

Last edited:
can't see me needing anything over 19mm though. might just buy one every 2 weeks or so, work is almost non-existent at present.

can't see me needing anything over 19mm though. might just buy one every 2 weeks or so, work is almost non-existent at present.

Typically the bigger sizes are way bigger for glands and similar but they are often stupid sizes that don't match any of the usual DIN bolt sizes, etc. Hence using adjustable or pipe pliers.

For example I happen to have a 32mm gland with an earthing nut on it, Sizes are:
45mm
43mm
46mm
WTF! Why can't they make them all the same A/F size?

You won't be disappointed. They pack fits in the pocket.
Amazon had the full pack cheaper than the ones in my link, they may well still have them.

I was wrong - They are the same price.
8 to 19 mm £34 inc postage . Amazon.

you think that's old? i got a Moore@wright set calipers, inherited from my dad. stamped with the WD arrow, 1944. dad brought them home when he was demobbed, along with a webley revolver, ammo, and a few grenades.

... I happen to have a 32mm gland with an earthing nut on it, Sizes are:
45mm
43mm
46mm
WTF! Why can't they make them all the same A/F size?
There's a good argument for different sizes - that way you don't need two spanners the same size. You'd moan if you needed 2off (say) 45mm. But those sizes don't sound like like common spanner sizes.
... or it coukd just be a matter of DGAS on the part of the manufacturer.

As an aside, the last U-bolts I bought for putting an aerial up turned out to be Whitworth threads.

There's a good argument for different sizes - that way you don't need two spanners the same size. You'd moan if you needed 2off (say) 45mm. But those sizes don't sound like like common spanner sizes.
... or it coukd just be a matter of DGAS on the part of the manufacturer.

As an aside, the last U-bolts I bought for putting an aerial up turned out to be Whitworth threads.

Thing is the 46mm is a metric size in "common" use (common to folk with M30 bolts at least) but the others are not. Not even typical A/F or Whitworth sizes either :(

Yes, you occasionally see BSF/BSW but not that often now. Tripod threads used to be BSW but changed to the very similar UNC size a while ago (same diameter & thread pitch, just different cut angle).
[automerge]1586039876[/automerge]
you think that's old? i got a Moore@wright set calipers, inherited from my dad. stamped with the WD arrow, 1944. dad brought them home when he was demobbed, along with a webley revolver, ammo, and a few grenades.

I also have some WW2 era stuff from my father's friends.

Incidentally new profile pic, is the other dog still OK?

Last edited:

Reply to Joker wrenches in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock