Discuss Joyous Beko oven element fault in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

timhoward

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I got called out to this today. I was told the main oven fan was working but not the element.
Now normally, we don't get to look at the back, unless it's the fan or thermostat.
But on this cheap piece of Beko $hite for some wonderful reason the element screws in from the back, and this is the lovely sight that I beheld: (It was me that unplugged the top element connecter).
The element was open circuit and had visible damage. The N wire is common to both over elements and the fan.

Could the faulty element cause the entirety of the thermal damage shown?
The occupant had also been flash frying food for years, my overshoes stayed behind when I tried to leave the space behind it!
So that is another factor, a coating of fat being heated up.

Thoughts welcome as I'm not convinced I want to change the element and put it back into service. Or am I over thinking it?

1641055250893.png

Thanks all, I was 95% sure...
The first unscheduled call out of 2022 was to look at that thing in it's glorious environment and I appreciate the sanity check as I wondered if I was just being over-grumpy!
The client has ordered a new cooker and a steam cleaner.

Reply to Joyous Beko oven element fault in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello first post I inherited a secondhand freestanding Belling Oven (make and model below) BEL FSE 60 MF Model Number 444449575 Serial number...
Replies
Views
Hopefully someone wiser than me can help explain some odd measurements I’ve taken at my own home. This is a long read, I’ve tried to give as much...
Replies
Views
Hi I don’t know how resolve this so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. I have no electrical knowledge. I will try to be as clear...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, stumbled across your forum while googling tonight, hoping for a bit of advice... I have some electrical knowledge, and I fit/change...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, hopefully someone can help. I have a 2 year old Neff u14m62n0gb double oven. Last week it tripped the house out when using the main oven...
Replies
Views
Jyork83
J

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock