Discuss JTL aptitude/assessment Test in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Leonb88

Hi all,

Completely new here this being my first post.

I have recently been offered a electrical apprenticeship with a local firm.

This is under the condition i pass a JTL aptitude/assessment test.

Does anyone on here have any advice they can give on what to study, what the test will entail or if you have sat it yourself the difficulty of it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

From the JTL website:
BEING ASSESSED
Once you've got your online application in, and you've passed a colour blindness test, it’s time for your JTL assessment.
We test you on three areas:
Literacy
Numeracy
Aptitude
We also ask you to write a couple of paragraphs to support your application.

You can have two attempts a year at the JTL assessment, for a maximum of two years. To move on, you need to pass all three tests at one sitting.
We hold Initial Assessments at various Training Centres across the country periodically, throughout the year. To complete your application you must book on to one of the scheduled JTL Assessments, this is done after you have completed your application; or if you are all ready registered as an applicant with us, after you have logged in to your JTL account.
Try your hardest to come along. If you can’t, call us on 0800 0852 308. If you don’t turn up and haven’t told us why, we might count it as a failed attempt. So you’ll just have one chance left that year.
Want to get some practice in before your Initial Assessment? Download our Assessment Practice Paper.
JTL current practice paper
Practice paper from 2010
Practice paper from 2006

relax the jtl test is a joke, if you can spell your own name you will pass the english.

if you can count to 20 without your hands and feet the maths is fine too.

I recommend you look on jtl site and print the page with the eye test thing yiu have to do.

there is certain test that you need to do at an opticians then send/hand in to jtl

(its a particular colour blindness test)

relax the jtl test is a joke, if you can spell your own name you will pass the english.

I recommend you look on jtl site and print the page with the eye test thing yiu have to do.

there is certain test that you need to do at an opticians then send/hand in to jtl

Well that's me out!!!...

why do they make it so hard?!...

Standard practice in my day, although if you held what was then GCE grade C or better in Maths and English you didn't need to take the assessment test. One things for sure it keeps the Dross at bay. That assessment or the GCE's, was also accepted as the entry into enrollment at the local college, ...Yep, they had standards too in those days!! lol!!

Well having now looked at these assessment papers, surely something is very wrong somewhere...... I was doing harder stuff in final year junior school.... That assessment test paper is an absolute disgrace!!

And people still keep trying to feed me bull****e that qualification standards are no different today than they were 30/40 years ago!! Only in Your wildest Dreams .....maybe!!!

Standard practice in my day, although if you held what was then GCE grade C or better in Maths and English you didn't need to take the assessment test. One things for sure it keeps the Dross at bay. That assessment or the GCE's, was also accepted as the entry into enrollment at the local college, ...Yep, they had standards too in those days!! lol!!

I don’t remember taking a test for engineering collage. I’m sure automatic enrolment came with you being accepted for an apprenticeship.

What I can’t understand is why the sciences seem to be lumped together in schools.

OK I was lucky, I went to a secondary modern with a good academic reputation.

Teachers that weren’t afraid to let you try things. HSE and the claim culture has put the kybosh on that.
My father thought it funny when I told him I’d had a belt off a Van Der Graaff generator, today it would be how much can we claim.
What’s 250,000 volts between friends?

I don’t remember taking a test for engineering collage. I’m sure automatic enrolment came with you being accepted for an apprenticeship.

That's what i said above, any acceptance into an indentured apprenticeship automatically enrolled you into the local college. I bet you had to do some kind of test to be accepted as an apprentice, most big companies wanted to know if you were suitable material before they invested time and money on your training in those days....

Thanks for your response and putting my mind at ease.

I guess after further looking into the test it states is a mixture of English, Maths and Aptitude.

Would not hurt to polish up on a few bits since it has been awhile since I left education (Age 26 now) always prepair for the worst.

Thanks.

Thanks for your response and putting my mind at ease.

I guess after further looking into the test it states is a mixture of English, Maths and Aptitude.

Would not hurt to polish up on a few bits since it has been awhile since I left education (Age 26 now) always prepair for the worst.

Thanks.

so how did it go?

hopefully, by now, he's learnt how to spell "prepare" and passed the test.

Reply to JTL aptitude/assessment Test in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net