Discuss July 2012 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

No practical loads and loads of past papers from early 90s to march 2012. And tutor obviously has a lot of experience as knew all questions threw at him. Only problem if we have failed next re sit available is Decemer which I feel Is a long way away as they are fully booked for next one.

A was what tester.
B was how many additional electrodes are needed
C was how many tests are there.
I put electrode resistance tester. 2 and 3 don't no if I was wright as didnt revise a lot on that area.

I put
A - earth electrode resistance tester
B - 2 additional electrodes
C - 3 tests

Im hoping thats correct, But im sure il be corrected shortly if not :)

I put
A - earth electrode resistance tester
B - 2 additional electrodes
C - 3 tests

Im hoping thats correct, But im sure il be corrected shortly if not :)

I hope so too as that is exactly what I put. :)

I think there was was another question on what tester to use on a TT with a RCD which I put a Earth loop impedance tester.

Yeh i put the earth loop for that one cz i think it says perform a 'live' test? Just wanna get the bloody results now so i can go on and book the design (If i pass)

How many tests would you carry on 30 mA RCBO. Please stat testing currents, and maximum disconnection times.

1. I x 1/2 - 0 deg - 15mA - No trip
2. I x 1/2 - 180 deg - 15mA - No trip
3. I x 1 - 0 deg - 30mA - 300mS
4. I x 1 - 180 deg - 30mA - 300mS
5. I x 5 - 0 deg - 150 mA - 40mS
6. I x 5 - 180 deg - 150 mA - 40mS
7. Functional Test - no current - trip.

What two additional checks would you carry on this device (I think got this wrong :( ). But after rethinking of question I got to the conclusion that correct answer was:

1. Rating of built in over current protective device
2. Check max Ics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question 20. What is the name of the inspection and test for this process? I put initial verification. This was worth 2 marks
Question 21. What documents are supplied upon completion of this inspection and test? This was worth 3 marks

So... Why are they giving out 2 marks for q20 when it is surely only 1 mark? The answer to q21 (electrical installation cert, schedule inspections & schedule test results) suggests that it is correct for 3 marks. Q20 however suggests there may be a periodic inspection involved. What is that additional mark for??? (if it does involve a PIR) why is q21 not worth 6?

Reply to July 2012 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net