Discuss July 2012 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

If you have done your revision of GN3 then you should be OK.
You must know the correct terminology by now and be able to remember what forms you need when and also the information and safety requirements to which you need to adhere.

Do keep reading the GN3 but do not overdo it, there are always small sections that you thought would not turn up that do and catch you out.

Practice the past papers under exam conditions to test yourself, even if it is one for which you have researched the answers previously.

Remember do the questions you can complete easily first and then return to the other ones, do not get bogged down on a question, just move on.

Read the scenario and relate your answers to the scenario.

Practice answering as briefly, but completely as possible, look at the number of marks available and answer with the appropriate level of detail.

You will be OK, good luck.

I will do it as you and the rest of the nation on Thursday 6.00 pm!!!!!
I don't feel very confident,the bloody terminology is a pain,especially because nobody at work talk like that!
I know that the previous exam has been easy respect the past ones,plus i can't find more exam example that aren't from 2009!
Anybody can help to find exam paper on the net apart from the ones in djelectraining.co.uk?
Please.
Break a leg to everyone involved in the 12th!

I have just sat the 2391 theory exam on july 12th 2012. Think ive done pretty well after constant revision and answering 90% off the questions with a good confident answer. How did everyone else feel about thjis exam?

I have just sat the 2391 theory exam on july 12th 2012. Think ive done pretty well after constant revision and answering 90% off the questions with a good confident answer. How did everyone else feel about thjis exam?

To be honest (and not sounding smug) but i thought that was one of the easiest 2391 papers i have seen in a long time. The scenario questions were probably easier than the first 20. If they are giving 12 marks for the safe isolation procedure then it cant be too bad can it? What did others think?

Hi all I found the exam quite easy BUT with re checking exam after I found myself changing answers which can.be a fatal error for me. Good luck to allho took it does anyone no when we will know results.

I did hear that and this must be a high pass mark then if everyone thought it was easier. If its a fail I will just re take, hopefully not tho. There was one question what 2 conditions must there be to issue a minor works cert.??? Any ideas I put must be adition or alteration to a existing circuit.

I have to agree it was a walk in the park for me too. :smug:

However looking back I did do some school boy mistakes such as stating "Verification" instead of "Initial Verification" for the type of inspection and test required. I also found myself tight on time in the end as it is very easy to lose track and spend to much time on some questions.

On the safe isolation question I initially didn't get what they were asking for so I skipped it, but when I came back to it later the penny dropped and I couldn't understand why I didn't get it the first time, I can only suppose having got to the end the pressure was off and I could think straight again.

I did hear that and this must be a high pass mark then if everyone thought it was easier. If its a fail I will just re take, hopefully not tho. There was one question what 2 conditions must there be to issue a minor works cert.??? Any ideas I put must be adition or alteration to a existing circuit.

I beleave that is the correct answer and it was what we all came up with when we discussed after.

Hopefully. A few in my group got confused and did the full ze test when it actually wanted safe isolation. All calculations was ok r1r2 test was ok. Can you think of any more. Did you mess up on any?

I beleave that is the correct answer and it was what we all came up with when we discussed after.

Alteration or MINOR addition, not including a new circuit or protective device, i think that is the most important point, as a addition in a more involved form would be covered by a EIC.

Hopefully. A few in my group got confused and did the full ze test when it actually wanted safe isolation. All calculations was ok r1r2 test was ok. Can you think of any more. Did you mess up on any?

Yes one in my group did the same. One of them was the Earth electrode equation which should have been Ra less than or equal to 50/I delta n which I did 50/Ia i think? But I did get the right answer though which was 100 ohms.

Did correct earth fault path, not sure when I did continuity of a ring main if it needed to be isolated 1st as I just described the test and can't remember the wording of the question. Rcd test nailed with all disconnection times. Safe isolation stated in steps. Where volt drop is require I failed as I put initial verification. Earth electrode of fete raptor I wasn't sure on. Most of section a was pretty easy. Really hoping to pass as this isn't the 1st time I've sat it and I think I've learned from my mistakes.

Hi all,
I also did the 2391 last night and found it easy :/ Not so sure thats a good thing tho??
I found all the past papers etc hard as hell! But the Exam stupidly easy and found myself with oodles of time left at the end!

Im thinking of taking the 2396 soon too whilst the calculations etc are fresh in my mind. Just struggling to find somwhere in the North east to take it?? Any help

Wish you all good luck for your results :)

Reply to July 2012 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock