Discuss July 2012 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hopefully we did. Only thing thats concerning me is if everyone found it easy equalling in a higher pass mark? Just my bloody luck that!

I no that's what worries me but looking at recent past papers from march 2012 that was easier and it seems they are getting easier each time. I have currently got 2330 level 2+3 2377 2399 2392 I'm doing 2382 23rd and hopefully have 2391 after the dreaded wait. Would anyone recommend me doing nvq 3 some say yes some say no I mainley want to do domestic so would I need it? Cheers for any help and good luck to all of us.

I feel your are all dumbing this down. The reason it was easy, is because you have done the right amount of revision. City and Guilds dont do easy.
Well done one and all.

Minor works.................An additional socket onto an existing circuit, or direct replacement of an accessory, are examples, but not any work that goes back to a distribution board, or any alteration of the protective devices including bonding conductors.

Cheers...........Howard

The total resistance of the complete installation was Rt. being 1 over each value then added together then 1 over that value. I got something like 27.45ohms I think that was expected.

I failed twice already and have found them all 'easy' one of the pass rates for 1 exam I done was 31%. There is no way that I can fail this time as I knew every answer apart from 1 or 2 in secton a. I know all my section b answers covered everything expected with no vital procedures missing apart from the continuity of ring circuit I cant remember if I was supposed to isolate I just know I didn't. That will result in all marks being lost for that question. Just because every1 found it easy don't mean every1 put the right answers. Ive revised really hard to make sure I know the answers which is why I not only knew the answer for every question I was 100% it was the answer. Good luck all who sat it and results will be last week in August.

That is very true mate. I put it had to be isolated and all involved in doing so as all it said was a time was arranged to isolate so I put ask permision and isolate obv in more detail. That's how I read it anyway did extent and lims have to be mentioned? I didn't put it because was just one test so didn't think it was needed but some in my group did. What did u think?

I done the June paper and messed up badly. so i decided to do the july one and felt alot more confident before i went in there. Was much easier this time for me just hope i pass. the june wasnt hard i put it down to my nerves i think for the reason i messed up. oh well just have to wait.

Did correct earth fault path, not sure when I did continuity of a ring main if it needed to be isolated 1st as I just described the test and can't remember the wording of the question. Rcd test nailed with all disconnection times. Safe isolation stated in steps. Where volt drop is require I failed as I put initial verification. Earth electrode of fete raptor I wasn't sure on. Most of section a was pretty easy. Really hoping to pass as this isn't the 1st time I've sat it and I think I've learned from my mistakes.

Jezza, you got the volt drop question right! The question asked what type of inspection and test to verify volt drop, which is initial verification, the two methods in BS7671 are calculation or measurement. Best of luck fella, hope you've passed.

I put periodic inspection and test as in gn3 it says you would not normally do volt drop for initial verification. I hope I.havnt messed that up now.

Jackyc,

You are correct, it is periodic inspection.

I made this mistake on my 2391, I put initial verification too, and realised as I was leaving the exam my mistake, I still passed though.

Good luck guys.

Jezza, you got the volt drop question right! The question asked what type of inspection and test to verify volt drop, which is initial verification, the two methods in BS7671 are calculation or measurement. Best of luck fella, hope you've passed.

Steve, this is WRONG. Initial verification is for new circuits and therefore the new circuit would have been designed to comply with BS7671 including the requirements for volt drop.

And I think you'd need to elaborate a bit more with this to get the points. Its basically Ohms Law where V = I x R. If you know the current flowing in the circuit then all you need is a method of obtaining the value in ohms of the r1 and rn.
  • Length in m x milli ohms per meter values from tables / 1000
  • measure the resistance of r1 + rn with a low resistance ohmmeter

Any more questions that anyone can remember

What two things MUST apply if issuing a minow works cert?
3 documents pfc will be recorded on?
Full earth fault path of something on tn.s?
R1r2 test of ring final circuit?
Safe isolation procedure?
2 different predict r1r2 results?
Can't think of any more at the minute.

What were the 3 documents with pfc. I put schedule of test results.
Minor works and electrical installation cert??

What two things MUST apply if issuing a minow works cert? Any addition or alterastion must comply with current BS7671 and not impair the safety of the existing installation.
3 documents pfc will be recorded on? Elecrical Installation Certificate, Schedule of Test Results, Electrical Installation Condition Report
Full earth fault path of something on tn.s? Just do the standard drawing and get everything labelled up correctly
R1r2 test of ring final circuit? This comes from the results of step 3 of the RFC test
Safe isolation procedure? Standard procedure as should be followed by all Sparks
2 different predict r1r2 results? What?
Can't think of any more at the minute.

What were the 3 documents with pfc. I put schedule of test results.
Minor works and electrical installation cert??

As above

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers and sorry didn't make sence they gave lengths and resistivity and we had to calculate predicted r1r2

Sorry guys, i bow down to your superior knowledge ( and age lol ), Our freelance 2391 tutor told a class of 15 that the answer was indeed initial verification. Should of checked myself, thanks for correction.

Reply to July 2012 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock