Discuss Junction box recommendation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
I have some up and down lights to install either side of a front door. The only possible supply I can take is from the light just passed the door inside the hallway.

The light installed is like below. I plan to fix a JB on the cieling, pick up a feed from the downstairs lighting circuit and then run a small piece of mini trunking to the switch.

What junction box could you reccomend that would look unobtrusive. I really dont want an ugly square JB sitting on the ceiling and then the light hanging from it.

fit a dry line single box in ceiling. do your joint, then fit a blank plate over. try and fish cable over instead of trunking. patch hole/s after.

Good idea. Would a round dry lining box be better?
your choice. easier to cut for round with the right size holesaw. just make sure youse clear of joist/s. or you could fit a plastic conduit box, just below flush, lid it and skim over. toatally concealed.

Reply to Junction box recommendation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ok. Can you cut a ring in half, add junction box, then run a spur off it? I thought it had to be from a socket? Mate of mine wanted me to see if...
Replies
Views
The following light fitting from Dumelm takes GU10 but states "Dimmable No" but I can't see why with the correct dimmer switch and dimmable GU10...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for some ideas on this. I went to an address on Tuesday following a storm where property has been struck by lightning. When the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I hope this post finds you well. I have recently hired an local electrician to extend my living room lighting a few cm forwards...
Replies
Views
My customer is having a wood burner installed. The stove installers have said he needs to get the 2 sockets that are directly behind the new...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock