Discuss June 2391 exam results how do you all do? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Blackout

Well got a very big supprise today and found out i passed the exam. thought i failed for sure, so sure i done the july paper. thank god i can relax now.

Sadly for the people who failed you only have to the end of the year to pass under the 2391 course so i was told. So only 2 exams to go!!

I got mine on.the 9th auguest yhe test.what is the pass mark .abd what did you revise from I've been doing gn3 and bs7671

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Im supprised the has not been more people responding to this, maybe they are still waiting for their results. Anyone done it at uxbridge college?

The collage emailed today Billy.

Ok cheers DaveyD. My college are a bunch of slackers, they think they are on school holidays. Tempted to give them a ring tomorrow, but it would be embarrassing on the phone if they tell me I have failed lol

The girl at college who deals with electrical courses is on holidays, have to wait until Monday. I have waited almost two months, I can handle a few more days of cliffhanging.

I have been quietly confident throughout all my electrical exams so far, because of the amount of effort I put into revision, but the 2391 exam did not go well for me, I did not use my time well enough during the exam and my mind blanked, I think it was nervous excitement. I think I might have dropped 20-30 marks at best.

I had a call from the college. Thought they was shut down for the summer obviously not.

Keep us posted Billy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The exam itself is not that difficult overall. There are some questions that will stump you, like the one we had was a EAWR question out of nowhere, but after reading through the question again it was not as difficult as first thought.

Try to stay calm, take a drink of water with you. Eat before the exam, so your brain is functioning. Manage your time well. Read every question through twice, if not more and plan out your answers. I finished the exam in 1 hour and 30 minutes, but realized afterward I could of elaborated more in my answers to maximize on marking, but would of meant tipp-ex'ing a lot of what I wrote out. I had a couple of friends sitting the exam and they finished before me, so I rushed it through, just so I could go for a beer with them. Use all the time necessary, go back to a question you find difficult later, do not dwell on it, like I did.

For the formulas, remember to write every step, for an r1 + r2 on a ring for example, remember to divide by 4, etc. Write down the formula even if you cant remember how to do it.

Pay more attention to the questions with higher marks available. Remember your earth fault loop drawings, ring testing procedure, order of tests, testing with an emphasis on safety first.

You have probably already been told this by your lecturer, but it is all true. Be confident, stay calm, manage your nerves and time well. You will do fine.

Good luck

What was the exam likre got mine tonight

Cheers I.have a reader and a wright coz my disxcler.so.I.should be ok with the question. .I.juat don't wanna wate to long

Cheers I.have a reader and a wright coz my disxcler.so.I.should be ok with the question. .I.juat don't wanna wate to long

2 and half hours is a long time. I think you will have plenty of time to work with your reader. Just think about your answers, and what C&G want to see.

Good luck

Cheers did you pas.ftist timrr? am I.right the formal.is r1:+r2 /4 that's right aibt it

Yes the forumla is correct. I sat the exam on June 14th 2012. The exam results have just been released. So I am just waiting for my college to give me my mark.

Reply to June 2391 exam results how do you all do? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock