Discuss Just a bit of direction for assessment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

hutch6447

I have installed a outdoor circuit to the garage make up of installation follow:

Main Board 32 amp mcb
Swa 4mm running from main board between floors to exit point.
Cantery wire system running from house to garage with support post on garage.
Runs into a garage consumer unit which holds 1 x RCD, 1 x 20amp Mcb for radial, 1 x 6amp Mcb for lights.
swa connects to consumer unit through swa gland.
Then circuits ran in conduit within the garage.

Now my only worry is the height of the cantery wire unless i run to the top of house and down from loft then i cannot meet the 3.5m height plus doing it this way will cost nearly twice as much.

The height at the moment is 3m and is fully supported plus the span is only 2m so that is well inside regs.

32 mcb at board for discrimination reasons as the swa has a current capacity of 41A and 20mcb and 6 mcb at garage board so that works well.

Installation fully tested and very happy with results itis just this height issue? will they forgive 500mm for the sake of spending another £30.

Cheers for your time lads just looking for ideas cheers.

put it down on the EIC as a deviation from BS with the reg. no. explain that there's no possibility of damage.that should cover it. just hope you've got the earthing right and SWA glanded both ends.

Yep sounds good to me cheers, just after 12 years in forces as a sparky struggling with all these regs.

Reference earthing I have met all disconnection times and all my inspection results were fine, also glands are earthed at both ends.

Reply to Just a bit of direction for assessment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock