Discuss Just after a sounding board really in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mr.Si

-
Reaction score
Got a consumer unit and the cable run, as you may be aware from other posts, was into the wall cavity and then re-established into the building under the landing upstairs.

CU change and re-wiring in progress and I'm keeping the CU position the same, but due to new regs, the cable has to be supported.

The image attached shows where the majority of the cable run has to be, but I'm just trying to consider my options and am wondering how y'all would do it.

I had 3 ideas:

1. Since it's all RCBOs, I'd just channel out the new cable run into the masonry and use cable clips and plaster over.

2. As above but use cable tray and cable ties and then cover over (for aesthetics)

3. Use some sort of trunking, such as the dado trunking used in offices etc and mount all the cabling in there. Just so that the cable run is obvious, but not messy looking.

I'm probably making a mountain out of this, but just trying to consider options and best practice.

I look forward to your comments.

Si

Attachments

• Understairs CU Position.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 34
Have you considered boxing the cables in rather than having them plastered over? Just a suggestion as it does work well in SOME situations

:thumbsup

Some of these understair cable runs can be pulled straight up to the landing if you drill down through from the landing and send a fish wire down

If you cant do or are unsure, a bit of box trunking would suffice

Reply to Just after a sounding board really in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net